LegacyGT.com

Rear Passenger Window Electric Switch Problems

I have a 1993 Legacy Wagon and have been having some issues w/ the rear passenger side window. Basically, the rear power window would roll down, but we are having an issue with the reverse polarity of the switch and the window wouldn't roll up, unless we were lucky or I jiggled the switch for long enough.

At first, I thought it may be the regulator, and found a used one on ebay, replaced it, and the issue persisted.

So then, I thought it may be the master switch, which I foolishly shelled out more than I should have for a new OEM one on ebay, and the issue persists.

So, there must be a faulty connection somewhere, but I cannot find it. I am curious if anyone has experienced this before and could provide some insight as this is driving me up the wall.

Also, the window will work occasionally, and sometimes roll up, but not down, or sometimes roll down but not up.

Have you replaced the rear switch yet.? Power travels thru that switch to the motor, so if that switch is bad....... also, there are alot of connections in the window harness.... can't remember how many exactly.... I recently re-wired my window system with larger wire and eliminate the many connections, and made my windows work way faster. In the processs, I found corrosion in some of the connections....

• 4 weeks later...
I have a switch problem with my 92 legacy wagon on rear driver side window. Took it to Subaru Dealer, told them I just bought the car and wanted a full and through check including the window problem. Turns out I need a new master switch on the driver panel. I am having another shop do the work as I cannot afford the dealer price.

I recently re-wired my window system with larger wire and eliminate the many connections, and made my windows work way faster. In the processs, I found corrosion in some of the connections...

That sounds like a lot of work! also wish someone would do that to my car. (^.^)

• 3 months later...

Still dealing with this issue, I've replaced the rear window switch without any results. The wiring and connections see fine in the door, all the fuses are OK.

I'm able to bring the window up/down when supplying power to the motor with the wires leading to switch. This works fine. Not sure where else to look!

Archived