LegacyGT.com

Ford Fusion

Looking at a replacement for my 08 3.0R in the next year or so. I've been looking at the Fusion Titanium with the 2.0 Ecoboost and AWD.

Any thoughts on this? Seems like a pretty comparable car, but I'm not real familiar with the AWD system. Is this a Haldex system or a Ford system? How well does it work?

How about the 2.0T engine?

The 2.0T engine isn't all that impressive. Doesn't feel quick, and it is very loud. Can't really hear it with the windows up in the MKZ but when they are down and you are sitting next to a wall it sounds like a little diesel. Also the mpg isn't very good. Not sure how the AWD will effect it as ours is FWD but I have to imagine it won't improve the mpg. Went from a 2004 monte carlo ss with the 3.8 liter averaging 26-27mpg driving too and from work, mostly freeway, some city. The FWD 2.0t gets the same 26ish mpg. Was hoping it would improve after break in but just hit 20k and it is staying consistent.

Its a 2013 Lincoln MKZ. Should still be the same 2.0t engine. You don't really feel the vibrations but you can def hear em with the windows down at low speeds. It seems to be how the newer DI engines sound on a lot of cars.

it probably has to do with the direct injection. DI sounds sorta like a diesel at idle since the injectors are similar to diesel.

Agree but Lincoln needs to sound proof that engine bay a bit better then. It annoys me.... maybe it is just me.

Don't get me wrong Capnjack I like the car. It has enough power to pass and drive comfortably but I guess I expected too much. I expected an mpg increase going from a 3.8 liter v6 20 year old+ design to a newly designed 4 cylinder with a small turbo. Even though the MKZ is a couple hundred lbs heavier. It never gives you the illusion that it is sporty though... not like my 250hp LGT did.

I'm looking at Fusions right now too, but the Energi model. I love the way the car drives. It's pretty damn quiet, but I think the model I drove came equipped with the noise canceling system. I hate that Energi has barely any trunk space.

Agree but Lincoln needs to sound proof that engine bay a bit better then. It annoys me.... maybe it is just me.

Don't get me wrong Capnjack I like the car. It has enough power to pass and drive comfortably but I guess I expected too much. I expected an mpg increase going from a 3.8 liter v6 20 year old+ design to a newly designed 4 cylinder with a small turbo. Even though the MKZ is a couple hundred lbs heavier. It never gives you the illusion that it is sporty though... not like my 250hp LGT did.

Ill keep saying it, but ford need to make a Fusion SHO with the taurus SHO engine and driveline.

id buy it tomorrow.

How is the Ford Sync? I played with it in the Fusion Energie that I test drove. The system worked well. Didn't see why there are so many complaints about it. I'm looking forward to Sync 3. I hope they come out on the upcoming 2016 model.

Ill keep saying it, but ford need to make a Fusion SHO with the taurus SHO engine and driveline.

id buy it tomorrow.

I wish there was something between the two engines they put in the fusion. The SHO engine is a little big for the fusion, but the 2.0 seems a little small.

If I had to buy a new car within my affordability range, it would definitely be a Ford Fusion.

I'm holding on buying anything new or used until Sync 3 comes out. Being able to leverage Android Auto and Google maps will be awesome. Probably would even be best to wait a year or two for the bugs to be worked out.

• 2 months later...
I test drove a brand new 2.0T Fusion AWD the other day. It was impressive inside. I didn't pick up any engine noise, it was very quiet. Handling and brakes were really nice. I'm really starting to look hard at one of these. With a Cobb stage 1 tune, I can pick up about 25hp and 60lbft of torque at the wheels. :lol: I will never quit modding...

Archived