LegacyGT.com

Clear bra prices?

LEG

Hey has anyone gotten a clear bra done on their Legacy and what did they pay?

I just got a crazy quote for the Xpel $1900 full front bumper, full hood, side panels, rockers, side rear view mirrors. Front bumper alone $599!

I thought the dealer was ripping me off when they quoted me $1200 and they had a coupon for 400 off making it $800. I didn't like the finish work on the floor model so I said no.

Err, ouch. I took my car to Tint King in Billerica. Some clearbra (Xpel) for every template they had, plus ceramic tint (legal limit) all around cost me about 1200 total.

If I recall, they had the following templates (5th gen Legacy): hood, bumper, mirrors, front pillars, door cups, top of rear bumper, back of the front wheel wells, and a thick strip above the windshield. And I might be forgetting a piece or two. Later, I had them to do a couple custom pieces on the sides of my roof (to protect the car from the feet of my roofrack), spanning from the windshield to the rear window. I don't recall the cost, but I found it entirely reasonable at the time.

I got a quote from Tint King for $1500 for full frontal Xpel kit.

Define "full frontal Xpel kit". Is this all of the computer-cut templates? Or are you expecting them to wrap your entire hood and above your wheel wells?

I never responded to the quote. I asked for front bumper, full hood, rocker panels, full fenders, side view mirrors. The response quote was 1500 for complete front end.

Archived