LegacyGT.com

To catt or not to catt

KND

I'm putting Q300 cat back system on my 05 LGT. How big of difference between catted downpipe and cattless downpipe , performance wise. I'm picking up a COBB programmer and cold air system. Just try to justify the expense.

Anywhere from minimal to non-existent on a stage 2 car. Aside from the smell, that is.

I'm catless. You might want to make sure you don't have to get emission testing for your tabs. Could be a problem.

Personally, I would rather smell the sweet, rich, aroma of unburnt hydrocarbons any day over the stench of sulfur from the cats.

What color is your car? If it's a light color you will soon get fed up with scrubbing the yellow stains off the bumper with a clay bar...
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Catless is the way to go. People over exaggerate the smell! Its really not that bad in my opinion. Besides who doesnt like the smell of gas ? Lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived