LegacyGT.com

something broke

Phillip J. Fry

cheap gas is not going to help your situation - costco, arco, etc. Paine sells leaded avgas, which will give you a different problem.

after a tune, it's reset and you start over from scratch.

did you try this place ?

8325 MUKILTEO SPEEDWAY

MUKILTEO , WA 98275-2918

or this one:

Thrashers Corner Shell Station

20702 Bothell Everett Highway Bothell, WA 98012

(425) 398-3774

they have 114oct or 110 OCT at the pump and is currently at 10 bucks a gallon + tax (blue fuel) date checked april 3rd 2012

Apr 9, 2012:

There is a 76 station by the Best Buy (196th and 28th Ave W) in Lynnwood that advertises 114 octane. I think it’s in 5 gallon cans though. Not sure just remember seeing it on their sign as I drove by.

And check this company, who has non-ethonal fuels, http://nelsonpetroleum.com/productsservices.html

cheap gas is not going to help your situation - costco, arco, etc. Paine sells leaded avgas, which will give you a different problem.

after a tune, it's reset and you start over from scratch.

did you try this place ?

8325 MUKILTEO SPEEDWAY

MUKILTEO , WA 98275-2918

or this one:

Thrashers Corner Shell Station

20702 Bothell Everett Highway Bothell, WA 98012

(425) 398-3774

they have 114oct or 110 OCT at the pump and is currently at 10 bucks a gallon + tax (blue fuel) date checked april 3rd 2012

Apr 9, 2012:

There is a 76 station by the Best Buy (196th and 28th Ave W) in Lynnwood that advertises 114 octane. I think it’s in 5 gallon cans though. Not sure just remember seeing it on their sign as I drove by.

And check this company, who has non-ethonal fuels, http://nelsonpetroleum.com/productsservices.html

why are you fixated on cheap gas?

i fill up at the same chevron for the life of the car. i tossed in octane booster simply for personal research not that it was needed.

this same chevron is the one PIA tuned me with last year.

yes, ive filled up at that 76 before. chevron felt stronger. placebo probably.

years ago i tried the shell in that area the one by the car wash. i live in work in mukilteo...hence why i fill up at chevron.

the closest and only non-ethanol i know of is a smoke shop in everett near the evcc. i tried that too before the tune. havent tried it since.

i will look for the 114 this weekend.

thank you for the input though.

got it down to half tank and filled up at the smoke shop for 92 non-ethonal. 4.** per gallon was crazy though.

car is being erratic. one second its 100% next second its at 85%. from a light when cold it felt like i didnt have a turbo until 3000 rpm.

ooohhh...a more accurate description of my misfire...doing 25 and floor it. the car will bog, exhaust will pop once or twice then it will proceed to accelerate. 0 codes. next second its fine.

0 codes. i double checked the coil packs and they are tight. its acting like they are loose like before. datalog isnt showing much as far as i can see. one time it didnt feel right and when i checked the logs it showed i was boosting over 18psi but im tuned for 17.

my mileage is fine.

i am curious if the gas from the chevron has lowered its standards and having its own in house issues. they had a closed pump not too long ago.

i had to pull the battery to check packs 2 and 4. aka a natural ecu reset. PIA reset it as well and on the way home from them it drove great. will see if it drives good again until it learns long term.

Archived