LegacyGT.com

Next Legacy/Liberty?

k3nny

Ive noticed in Australia, where i am right now, that the Legacy is called the Liberty..

Anyhow, its a wonderful car and this is my first post! Hehe...

Am considering getting one in January/February 06 and was wondering when a total model change would come around for this car?

Anything in particular to look out for? Im thinking of getting the Legacy GT, the 2.0 turbo.

Thanks alot in advance for the responses.

Regards,

Kenny

Robdownunder: From your nick, i can only assume that you are from Australia as well..

What is the difference between our Liberty/Legacy 2.0 GT and the American or Japan ones?

Are they as easy to modify? And would the automatic in this instance hinder modifications? Such as breaking under power or hard acceleration?

Thanks alot

Regards,

Kenny

G'day Kenny.

If you have a look at the thread on USA guys eat your heart out, that will explain the new factory modded GT coming out soon for OZ.

They have the bits and the technology so obviously it is easily modded.

Perhaps a US guy can enlighten on the GT's they get?

eg. We get the 2 litre, they get the 2.5.

Rob.

Kenny,

The Oz GT is built in Japan. It is a 2.0 twin scroll turbo with 255hp (190 kw in manual trim). The US version is built in Indiana and has a 2.5 Single scroll turbo engine producing 250hp .

At the risk or incurring the wrath of our US friends :D I wonder (from reading this board for some time) if the US build is as high quality as the JDM . In truth the Us factory is new too. Certainly the US spec is a bit lower in some regards. For example they do not get the 13 speaker MacIntosh sound system and interior finishes we do. Also they complain a lot about the paint work while the JDM version paint is hard to fault. The standard RE92 tyres the US get are crap where we get top of the line RE050A's. They also get god awfull bumber bars. On the good side they get the 2.5.

Seriously though they are very good cars and represent good value for money. I have heard no problems with the auto's reliability or durability. Keep in mind though the manual GT is 190kw/330nm while the auto is 180/310. Yes they are easy to mod. Basic mods include getting the ECU re programme for about $1500 by ECUtech which adds about 20kw at the rear wheels increase nm significantly and normally improves fuel economy too!

Kenny,

The Oz GT is built in Japan. It is a 2.0 twin scroll turbo with 255hp (190 kw in manual trim). The US version is built in Indiana and has a 2.5 Single scroll turbo engine producing 250hp .

At the risk or incurring the wrath of our US friends :D I wonder (from reading this board for some time) if the US build is as high quality as the JDM . In truth the Us factory is new too. Certainly the US spec is a bit lower in some regards. For example they do not get the 13 speaker MacIntosh sound system and interior finishes we do. Also they complain a lot about the paint work while the JDM version paint is hard to fault. The standard RE92 tyres the US get are crap where we get top of the line RE050A's. They also get god awfull bumber bars. On the good side they get the 2.5.

Seriously though they are very good cars and represent good value for money. I have heard no problems with the auto's reliability or durability. Keep in mind though the manual GT is 190kw/330nm while the auto is 180/310. Yes they are easy to mod. Basic mods include getting the ECU re programme for about $1500 by ECUtech which adds about 20kw at the rear wheels increase nm significantly and normally improves fuel economy too!

That was definitely rubbing salt in open wounds. If you'd added the JDM Bumpers then it would have been a knife twist in the heart.

:p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All,

It's called a Liberty in Australia because we have an orgination here called Legacy, which looks after war widows and children. It was founded after WWII to look after the families of our troops who didn't come home. Legacy is a great orginisation, but it's corporate mentality seems to still a bit in the 40's.

They apparently wouldn't allow Subary the use of the name Legacy in Australia as Subaru is from an ex-enemy (Japan) and apparently old wounds haven't healed in some parts yet.

No, Mitsubishi made the Zero.

One of the companies that made up Fuji Heavy Industries was Nakajima Aircraft Co.

They produced a lot of aircraft for the Japanese military before the end of WWII, just not that particular one. Some of their concepts were way ahead of their time then.

America claimed alot of japanese aeronautic advances, as well as german aeronautic and ballistic technologies. Germans and Japanese developers actually worked for the US military and space program afterward.

I believe that FHI still builds airframe parts for US and European aircraft manufacturing, they build busses, and all sorts of other things...

No, Mitsubishi made the Zero.

One of the companies that made up Fuji Heavy Industries was Nakajima Aircraft Co.

They produced a lot of aircraft for the Japanese military before the end of WWII, just not that particular one. Some of their concepts were way ahead of their time then.

America claimed alot of japanese aeronautic advances, as well as german aeronautic and ballistic technologies. Germans and Japanese developers actually worked for the US military and space program afterward.

I believe that FHI still builds airframe parts for US and European aircraft manufacturing, they build busses, and all sorts of other things...

they build the landing gear, rudder, and where the wings meet the fuselage on the boeing 737s-787s

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived