LegacyGT.com

Knock Knock

Hey guys, so i parked my car at work this morning and noticed a light knocking noise from the bottom end. I just changed my oil, always keep my car well maintained, i take pride in my car, as do most. this is bothering me because i've blown a motor in a nissan before at a track day with full/fresh oil, but i was horse whipping the thing (it deserved it). i haven't gotten on the car since well into the previous oil change. just wondering if anyone has experience with this. and what yall have done, the car is going to my buddies shop in the a.m. to get the panties ripped off the motor, gonna see if she threw something.

Im not data logging my car with this noise. you guys can all you want with your cars, but i know this noise. its a knock knock, not valve tick. and there are no sensors that would tell me where the knock is coming from, but you all know that. I'm taking it to the shop, ill keep all posted. I'm also going to have them check my turbine shaft play. they can get noisy….

Hey guys, so i parked my car at work this morning and noticed a light knocking noise from the bottom end. I just changed my oil, always keep my car well maintained, i take pride in my car, as do most. this is bothering me because i've blown a motor in a nissan before at a track day with full/fresh oil, but i was horse whipping the thing (it deserved it). i haven't gotten on the car since well into the previous oil change. just wondering if anyone has experience with this. and what yall have done, the car is going to my buddies shop in the a.m. to get the panties ripped off the motor, gonna see if she threw something.

Im not data logging my car with this noise. you guys can all you want with your cars, but i know this noise. its a knock knock, not valve tick. and there are no sensors that would tell me where the knock is coming from, but you all know that. I'm taking it to the shop, ill keep all posted. I'm also going to have them check my turbine shaft play. they can get noisy….

So, TL;DR for you all, just catching up --

-"help me!"

-OK, do this thing.

-"no way, I'm just gonna take it to a shop!"

-??????????

-Profit.

and fix it if you want. post the knock somewhere that can be more of help to you. or is this post to say that you don't want to? would also make a nice lawn ornament.

do that instead

and fix it if you want. post the knock somewhere that can be more of help to you. or is this post to say that you don't want to? would also make a nice lawn ornament.

do that instead

Who's going to be more help to him? He had like 4 people ready to help..

so the results, the spur gear on the timing belt blew out the bearing so it was rattling around making a knocking noise, also a couple ball bearings floating around inside the timing cover, and the timing belt jumped a tooth. so tell me how a data log would have helped. I'm truly interested. I appreciate the belittling though. If I would have driven my car another ten miles. I'd be in a lot bigger of mess, I got lucky.

so the results, the spur gear on the timing belt blew out the bearing so it was rattling around making a knocking noise, also a couple ball bearings floating around inside the timing cover, and the timing belt jumped a tooth. so tell me how a data log would have helped. I'm truly interested. I appreciate the belittling though. If I would have driven my car another ten miles. I'd be in a lot bigger of mess, I got lucky.

So you're saying you cannot tell the difference between a low end knock, and a rattle... The belittling is free. Simply put IF IT WAS knocking, a data log, even at idle with no driving would have shown knock sum, knock correction, etc. I'm guessing yours wouldn't have shown any. It would have let us put your mind at ease, you know, worried about an internal failure of your motor. But by all means, continue to be an assclown. I'm sure you fit right in with the rest of the rich yuppies in Vail.

Goodbye

Archived