LegacyGT.com

Part number for the 4 bolts that hold the hub to the spindle?

Hey all,

I'm doing some front end work on my 05 Legacy (new control arms, hubs,tie rods) and I managed to brake the flange bolt that holds the ball joint to the control arm.

I found that info on here and the part number for that bolt is 901000060.

But I would also want to know the part number for the 4 bolts that hold the hub/bearing onto the spindle. Might as well get everything new and/or just in case those decide to brake when I take them out.\

Thanks.

You won't break those bolts. Put a socket on the bolts and smack it directly on the head sharply about 3X for each bolt and it will shock the threads and they will come loose easily. I believe that they are Grade 8 bolts anyway, so they are extremely hard.

Remember when you put EVERYTHING back together that Anti-Seize is your friend.

I replaced the bolts that hold the hub to the spindle, but like JmP said, they're pretty hefty and probably shouldn't give you any issues. The top pinch bolt that holds the ball joint is well known for breaking on here, I wish I had known that before attempting to remove it. Even after I knew that, I still broke that pinch bolt on the other side even after using a lot of pb blaster for about a week in advance. Using heat might help, but I've never used a torch before.

For those hub bolts, I sprayed the exposed thread ends with pb blaster, and used a wire brush after to try and remove as much rust as possible before unbolting them.

Archived