LegacyGT.com

noobie to the forums life

Hello ppl how's it going I currently have my second 98 legacy gt and this time I'm looking for some different upgrades and was looking for some help.

1st. I'm having trouble finding a front lip I want that (low look).

2nd. I want to do a 02 wrx 2.0t swap and wanted to know a full list of what I need.

3rd. Those JDM foglights how do you wire them up? Its two seperate bulbs do i need to change the switch ? Or do they both just come on when i hit my stock switch?

4th. I'm on factory rims looking for a nice sporty 17in rims I can try.

5th. Need help finding the "full" JDM tail light set up I've only found the center garnish.

6th. I'm currently running a 2.2 set up (more reliable) and I was looking for a full CAI.

Thanks any help from any of my questions would be greatly appreciated just please number which one you answered i dont care about the order. Thanks again

1. Legacy gt has a lip. If you want a lip for your lip. look up "EZ lip" my friend has it on his c5 vette and "I personally like it". Others may disagree.

2. wrx front clip is the easiest way. and a jdm turbo leg sub frame. Or you can chop yours but some people say not to for strength reasons. others don't care. A gen1 turbo leg sub frame might work.. i forgot look it up

3. You can hook up 100 lights to any switch. get a 12v wire fuse it to light get a ground wire put a switch there.

4. tons of aftermarket options. Or wheels from a wrx

5. ebay

6. If your really planning on a 2.0t swap don't bother because you will have to take it off.

7. Find a professional to help you because a 2.0t swap is not as simple as it may sound.

find a crafty welder and throw a carbureted V8 and make her rwd. just use the car as a shell. A lot of die hard subi people may not like its but it probably just as hard and cash consuming as 2.0t swap. Someone here has an LS1 leggy forgot who tho.

I wish my lego could sound like a grubbily old muscle car.

IMO a swap is meh. Unless it is a dedicated project car I wouldn't even think about it.

The people who seem to be happiest with their cars are doing suspension mods. They are bolt in, don't effect on, don't effect the driveability and the chassis can be rewarding to drive.

Brake mods are often bolt on affairs.

The local Subaru club has a couple lgt owners they often say that the great thing about a stock engine modded suspension Legacy is you can push it to the absolute limit, you end up with a forgiving car that you can drive hard and become very confident with. Wrx on the other hand are much tougher to hold together and because of the extra power you can push it past the limits.

Cheap power is never cheap, JDM engines come across with problems like internal problems and leaks if you are serious usually you rebuild before installing.

I don't have a car worth a crap, it has almost 300,000 miles, it has rustholes everywhere. I can tell you that 13" rims won't fit on a legacy cause I tried.

13" rims won't fit on a legacy cause I tried.

:lol:

+1 on keeping it stockish. If you can afford the swap you could easily afford a used bug eye wrx, Tho its not nearly as unique. I hear 2.5 heads on a 2.2 make a decent set-up for boost and its far cheaper. But It will never be quite as strong as a real wrx engine.

Hello ppl how's it going I currently have my second 98 legacy gt and this time I'm looking for some different upgrades and was looking for some help.

1st. I'm having trouble finding a front lip I want that (low look).

ive heard rumors of a 98ish accord lip fitting well on our cars. does your GT still have the GT lip on it? or is that one not low enough?

2nd. I want to do a 02 wrx 2.0t swap and wanted to know a full list of what I need.

most would tell you a swap isnt worth it, costs too much and so on. im not one of those people, but i dont have any real info for you on it.

3rd. Those JDM foglights how do you wire them up? Its two seperate bulbs do i need to change the switch ? Or do they both just come on when i hit my stock switch?

i thought the side lights came on with the turn signals and the fogs were separate. either way, you can wire them up any way you want the to work with aftermarket relays and switches, or get into the FSM at the top of the page (link in last sticky) and wire them up oem style.

4th. I'm on factory rims looking for a nice sporty 17in rims I can try.

there is a slew of 17" sti and aftermarket wheels on craigslist where i live, i imagine its like that everywhere else too. ive been eyeballing a set of 17" sti wheels for $250 that no one else seems to want lately. make sure you get 5X100 lug and check the offset and width, lots of info on the sizing in the wheels sticky.

6th. I'm currently running a 2.2 set up (more reliable) and I was looking for a full CAI.

Thanks any help from any of my questions would be greatly appreciated just please number which one you answered i dont care about the order. Thanks again

there is a huge amount of info that supports not putting a CAI or short ram on our cars, but there has been some ways of making hybrid intakes with the stock box and aftermarket tubing. lots of info here if searched for, i dont have them linked

Archived