LegacyGT.com

Spec2+ clutch

Max Capacity

I had to replace my Spec 2 clutch at 50,000 miles. I began to slip when cold in 5th gear. After I drove like 20 miles it was fine in a 5th gear roll on. But after the car sat for a while like over night or during work it would slip in 5th until it warmed up.

Today I had a Spec 2+ clutch and OEM SMFW. I have 25 miles on the new set up. I can't believe how light the pedal is, it's lighter then the OEM clutch in my 09 Spec B.

There is also a ton less driveline noise compared to the Spec LWFW.

I have had a Spec 2+ before, I replaced it at 85,000 miles when I put the ej257 in the car. It was still going strong at that time.

I'm an idiot for not putting a SMFW in at that time. That was May 2012.

I also have Moore Performance Plates installed on the 5mt. I still think they make an improvement in the way the tranny shifts.

I have the Spec 2 clutch and will take pictures of it later and post them. It may be till early next week before I have time to do that.

Winters a bitch this year.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sent measurements and pictures to Spec. My disc mic's out at .249-.251, new it was .310". I should have gone with a Spec2+ instead of a Spec 2 clutch.

Over 120 miles on the 2+ still enjoy it, nice pedal action.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived