LegacyGT.com

BRAND NEW strut mount wiggle and wobble?

TDWPgtp

I am in the process of replacing my struts, springs, and strut mounts, and upon assembling the strut assembly, I noticed that the BRAND NEW strut mount bearing has a fair amount of wiggle in it. I do not recall the old OEM mount having any wiggle, and was wondering if this is ok/normal or if I just wasted money and time on garbage parts. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure the best way to explain...With the strut assembly together, but not on the car, if I put my hands on the strut mount and push down on one side and pull on the other, the whole plate will pivot without any real effort. It looks like the bearing itself is loose, although it is hard to tell. As I said earlier, the OEM ones did not do this at all. I should note that if I simply pull up on the mount, it does not move...It IS tightened all the way down.

Keep in mind that these were $25 each. I already filed a return request and decided to get a different brand. I guess the more important question now is what brand should I buy?

I found a coupon for my local dealership, so I ordered OEM replacements anyway.

On a related note, I have read that KYB manufactures the OEM struts for these cars. Is there any validity to this? And, if so, do they also manufacture the strut mounts?

I found a coupon for my local dealership, so I ordered OEM replacements anyway.

On a related note, I have read that KYB manufactures the OEM struts for these cars. Is there any validity to this? And, if so, do they also manufacture the strut mounts?

Yes, KYB is the OEM replacement strut. Not sure if they make top mounts as well, but OEM will be your best bet.

Archived