LegacyGT.com

2015 vs 2016 Legacy

Psirene

I'm looking to trade out my '11 WRX Limited for a new Legacy, due to health issues (can't clutch anymore).

I've been doing some research, but can't find anything solid yet... Should I wait for the 2016 Legacy? Most of what I've been able to find is wish lists and reports from 2014.

It needs to be at least as responsive as my husband's Crosstrek.

I've got some particulars (dark interior, not leather, heated seats, moonroof, dark color), but other than that, I'm not yet too picky.

Can anyone point me to some sort of comparison list of 2015 vs 2016?

I also read something about a turbo or GT model coming out mid-2015, but it was unclear if it was a late release for the 2015, or if it was for 2016.

With the 2015 being a new generation, logic says 2016 will be a little more refined. But I'm really not sure if that's actually the case.

Thoughts?

I heard orders for the 2016 legacy will be available early june. no info is available yet

as for your requirements, only the 2.5i comes in cloth. and a 2.5i will be significantly less exciting and fast than a WRX. the 3.6r has all the other things you want, plus it will still have power similar to your current WRX.

as of now there is no confirmation or hints of the turbo model returning :(

Yeah, I'm definitely going to drive a few different cars/versions.

I have leather in my WRX right now. I also live in Phoenix. Leather is a little miserable in the summer. It just holds the heat like mad, and it doesn't matter how high you turn the AC. Granted, most times I have the seat heater on (in the mornings, omg my best friend), but still, when it's 110+ outside... ick. Husband's cloth-seated Crosstrek fares a little better.

I've heard great things about the new WRX, so I'll give it a go. Get it in black... everything looks better in black.

Archived