LegacyGT.com

New Parts

smitty

PGT and smitty,

It's really no big deal. I got my front and rear bushings (both Kartboy, but the Cobb and KB fronts are near identical) done in about an hour, from jack up to jack down.

It's really, really simple. Trust me. :)

Just be sure your exhaust pipe is completely cool, and you'll be totally fine.

No need to pull any heat-shields unless your arms or hands are the size of He-Man's, and really, even if you did have to pull the heat shield over the mid-pipe, that's ONLY necessary if you're doing the REAR bushing.

And yes, for the nominal cost, I'd recommend doing both front and rear at the same time, as much like the UP/DP, one has to be dis-installed before the same can be done to the other. In this case, you must dislocate the front linkage before you can replace the rear.

Only simple hand-tools are needed, along with some lithium grease, "blue" threadlocker (low-strength, tool-breakable), and a "compact" 22mm offset O2 sensor wrench/socket *if* you need to remove the mid-pipe heat shield.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16708&highlight=kartboy

Brother MUD put up excellent instructions for the front bushings.

For the rear bushing, in post #20 of the thread (on page 2), you'll find both my tips as well as citation for the reference thread I used for that install.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Alright, so the shifter is in. After initial driving with it for the first few days, it feels good. No longer does it feel like Im rowing a canoe. It definately feels notchier than stock, unsure if thats usually a good or bad thing, but I like it. Build quality is terrific. Only downside was there werent any instructions, but the step by step with picture instructions in the walkthrough section were awesome.

I was going to do the bushings but it was way too hot out and I was feeling lazy. So those will probably be done next weekend.

Archived