LegacyGT.com

Spec B vs LGT tophats

oncesir

What's the main difference with these tophats? I've read you can't interchange them with Bilsteins. I've got a bad case of saggy butt with my new to me LGT wagon that's has H-techs and Bilsteins. I really don't want to raise the rear up when the front needs moar low. Has anyone used lgt tophats with bilsteins spec b's. TIA

• Moderators

well, top hats have nothing to do with bolt pattern so not sure what you mean there zanzabar.

spec.b hats interface differently with the bilstein strut tubes / upper mounting bits. spec bits make the height higher in the front.

If you are running bilstein-style struts you should use spec.b-style top mounts and raise the rear accordingly.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

What's the main difference with these tophats? I've read you can't interchange them with Bilsteins. I've got a bad case of saggy butt with my new to me LGT wagon that's has H-techs and Bilsteins. I really don't want to raise the rear up when the front needs moar low. Has anyone used lgt tophats with bilsteins spec b's. TIA

I am pretty sure - it's not the tophat that's making the difference - its the spring seat on the Bilstein. It' sits a little higher than the LGT strut. So switching out the top won't do you any good.

well, top hats have nothing to do with bolt pattern so not sure what you mean there zanzabar.

spec.b hats interface differently with the bilstein strut tubes / upper mounting bits. spec bits make the height higher in the front.

If you are running bilstein-style struts you should use spec.b-style top mounts and raise the rear accordingly.

The main reason for my question is because I have a wagon and saggy butt is horrible with the spec b shocks and htechs. Researching I found the difference in height with spec b & lgt top hats. This setup rides good but it's a pita for anyone that's a bit ocd and wants a level looking ride height. After measuring I'd need a 1/2 inch rear spacer which basically eliminates any lowering the spring did.

I found this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237297. Looks like they do interchange but unless I put my eyes on it I'm unsure of exactly how.

Archived