LegacyGT.com

Cost-effective a-pillar gauge pod options

Got a cheap AutoZone boost gauge. Not to measure my levels of JDM and to make all my fellow STi bros acknowledge my swag, but to test my VF40. Figured I might as well keep it and make it permanent, since, well, I bought it.

So far, I found these...

http://jcspods.com/0509LGT.php

Which I'm sure you're all aware of. But 165 is a shit-ton for a ******* panel. Anyone know of cheaper options that are OEM fit?

Well, there's "universal" pods that clip right over the pillar. Problem is, my pillars are the gray/tan color (not sure which it is), and all the universal pods I found are black.

I found several for Imprezas, some triple pods that I weren't sure what car they were for. I'm about to say **** it and bite the bullet for the expensive one. Anything crappy looking that I'll have to stare at while driving will not fly. :spin:

Naw I don't like the look of the pillar pods. A friend of mine molded his own in and then plasti-dipped the pillars to look a bit like black vinyl. I have however used duplicolor vinyl dye and I can say it does work very well. Most of the plastics in my Beetle were refinished with it.

I bought the tan colored JCS dual pillar pod a while back. Took a while to get but was great quality and looked great. They actually use OEM pillar trim and modify it so the fitment is as close to OEM as your going to get. I ended up not using it though because the space behind it is limited. It would not work with the wiring from a MTX-L wideband.

Well alright. I may consider.

I have the vent pod that replaces the factory vent. I like it because it can almost pass for factory. I had one in my mazda CX-7 as well. The guy that makes them can be found on the mazda forums. Very nice guy to deal with.

What did you pay?

Well alright. I may consider.

What did you pay?

This dude makes them:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123753844-Custom-Defrost-Vent-Gauge-Pods-for-your-MS3-MS6-CX-7-RX-8

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Block8head-Custom-vent-pod/1386061001612122

Here is his spec B dual pod - I think it's $150 so don't know if it falls under cost effective. That's why the 3d printing group is working on a vent pod option.

1501237_1556745601210327_531888081551716371_o.jpg

That is sexy. I hope the electronics are durable because I run the heat 80 percent of the time.

being from Florida,i kinda understand the temperature dilemma,but to be honest,i don't think that they would design it for it not to perform on such conditions,also u can hook up i think 2 sensors of your choice to it,be it oil pressure or oil temperature.But again, i haven't tried it myself,but i will be making a purchase of one when i get back to the states for sure! :cool:

Archived