LegacyGT.com

URGENT Need help.

Today on my way home from picking my fiancee up from work I noticed a weird noise coming from what it sounds like to me the front end. I pulled off into a parking lot to check to see if I could see anything out of the ordinary. I couldn't see anything so I decided to do a lap around the parking lot to see if maybe I hit something in the road and it was just stuck under my car. Car made the noise again but I couldn't see anything. I'm calling the local Subaru dealership tomorrow when I wake up after calling off of work to get my car fixed. I just hope my warranty through Carmax will cover whatever it is.

:eek: This is news to me.

I mean you just have to remove your LCA, press the old bushings out, clean the surface, and press the new bushings in.

harbor freight bushing removal tools just bend when you try to remove them. My mechanic had to send the LCAs to a machine shop because the OEM ones were in so tight.

Eazy Peezy.

/s

I got her back earlier this afternoon. They told me that my front right wheel bearing was destroyed. They changed that and checked to see if my axle and everything else was fine. I don't understand how my wheel bearing failed all of a sudden. It was driving fine seconds before the grinding. No rubbing or humming from the front t end the car tracked straight as an arrow. At least it wasn't too expensive and I have it back.

Never heard wheel bearings sounding like that before, when all of my bearings go out, they create a whining/grinding sound that increases with speed. Just replaced one last week.

Very simple to do and doesn't take that long to do.

My wife's balls are delicious.

How much was it, if you don't mind me asking. I'm thinking about outsourcing my wheel bearings to a pro (mostly because I'm lazy but also because it's cold and I don't have a garage).

I paid 448.80 but I got a discount for working at SIA I don't know how big the discount is though. It would probably be about 500

Everything works fine right before its broke. I've never heard a bearing sound like that either. I would have said link or LCA bushing. Sometimes the links will be just starting to go bad and you won't be able to check on a lift bevause they will still be tight to the hand but underthe weight of the car it makes noise.h

Archived