LegacyGT.com

STi Seat Swap

Hey guys,

I happened to come across an absolutely amazing deal for a pair of 13/14 model year STi seats with heaters (leather/suede)

I have a 2005 LGT Limited with leather power heated seats, what is the process to install these seats in my car? is it even doable? I've made several attempts to look up the topic thru the search option but the best thing I could find was a thread about 05 Seats which are different obviously.

any input would be greatly appreciated, id love to have these in the car by sunday so i can represent nicely at a judged event im attending.

thanks in advance for any help!

• Moderators

This might help: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/07-spec-b-interior-swap-into-05-125937.html

Pretty sure the seats you have will bolt in, and I think the driver's side may work. The passenger side may not work in terms of power / airbag function. Not sure if you can swap the bases like in the post above.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

This might help: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/07-spec-b-interior-swap-into-05-125937.html

Pretty sure the seats you have will bolt in, and I think the driver's side may work. The passenger side may not work in terms of power / airbag function. Not sure if you can swap the bases like in the post above.

I would love to have folding rear seats. I'm going to have to serious consider that.

Sub'd for more "The STi seats are "more comfortable" than my heated, plush LGT seats."

If you want to swap for STi seats, don't complain about your LGT seats -- they were meant for comfort; the STi seats are merely there because the driver has to sit somewhere. Just admit you want seats with better bolsters for cornering and stop lying to A) yourself and B) us.

In this situation in I kinda have to do something regardless. My driver seat has suffered a ripped seam in the middle of the button cushion and is already worn out as it is, it turned hard over time. Wish it was more comfortable than it is. Previous owner wore it out unequally too to add more to the sorrows lol, it pulls me to the right of the seat

Well anyway.... I guess I'll dig into it a little later this week, I'll give it a shot, maybe I can just pull the rails off the LGT seats and slap them on the STi's. Either way, worse comes to worst I can sell them for a healthy enough profit to buy other LGT seats or get these redone

Subscribed. On the topic of seats, anybody else think these seats are awful for long drives? After about an hour these start killing my back.

i had this issue and found that having the back of the seat almost vertical (rather than full gangsta) makes it feel much much better.

as for the OP, they should just bolt in and use the same plugs that your current seats use. i remember seeing somewhere a forum post (might have been on the forester site) about which seats fit in which cars. if i recall correctly almost all subaru seats are plug n play with most all subarus

edit: here is the forum post. it is specifically for foresters but i assume the legacy is very similar

seats will bolt right in, using the same frames from the STI. i'm sure there will be air bag issues n what not.

define said airbag issues? i have the STi seat connectors, the person i bought the seats from literally cut the connectors in place, so i have the male and female ends of each connector on the seats if splicing is needed

05 LGT is a unique year, 06 they changed a lot of stuff making 06 LGT seats not a simple swap. You will need to find a way to reuse your airbag and seat belt sensors from your passenger and possible drivers seat depending on the donors seats plug(s). Ignore any memory seat buttons as they aren't gonna work. Figure that out later, just worry about power and airbag/seat belt sensors. Another thing is 05 is the only year that passenger seat belt bolts to it. After that it's bolted to the B Pillar.

05 LGT is a unique year, 06 they changed a lot of stuff making 06 LGT seats not a simple swap. You will need to find a way to reuse your airbag and seat belt sensors from your passenger and possible drivers seat depending on the donors seats plug(s). Ignore any memory seat buttons as they aren't gonna work. Figure that out later, just worry about power and airbag/seat belt sensors. Another thing is 05 is the only year that passenger seat belt bolts to it. After that it's bolted to the B Pillar.

So from what you're saying the connectors are the real issue? Because the seat that I have has both male and female ends of the connectors on it. So if I was to rewire said connectors to my wires in the car I should be set? And as far as the seat belt situation, I'm exploring modifying the plastic seat trim and finding a spot to bolt it up to around the frame.

Look under your passenger seat in the 05. There is a black box and bracket there that disappears in 06 to I'm not sure where. The wires are yellow loomed but change color and connections in 06. The seats I had previously were from an 07 Shrek B. The male ends were jumped with female and the memory seat thermals were taped over. No pics as I swapped to 06 interior in like 08 before smart phones were popular.

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

Archived