LegacyGT.com

Tune Problem

Hello all.

I actively follow alot of these threads, but don't typically say much--but just want to say thanks for everyone who makes this place awesome, bc it is.

I've got an stage 2 05 LGT that I need to get tuned, but the prob is the engine management sys on it is an ECUtek closed system that doesn't allow non-certified ECUtek tech's to work on/adjust it in any way. Wondering if anyone here knows where I can go online to get a standard stage 2 tune formatted for an ECUtek ems.

Any help/suggestions would be awesome. I live in SLC and would really love to not have to drive across multiple states to get a standard tune loaded up. I do have the computer program and could flash the tune if I had one...

TIA

Only ecutek licenced vendors can access your ecu.

The only option you have is to get with one of them or get ahold of an unmarried accessport to install and then Uninstall and that removes the ecutek tune and "unlocks it" and put a stock tune on. It can then be accessed to be able to be flashed by an opensource tune or cobb tune.

Hope that helps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

The only option you have is to get with one of them or get ahold of an unmarried accessport to install and then Uninstall and that removes the ecutek tune and "unlocks it" and put a stock tune on. It can then be accessed to be able to be flashed by an opensource tune or cobb tune.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Wait, so, to overcome the ecutek "lock", one must simply install an AP, uninstall the the AP, and then it's able to be reinstalled? Or, is that just to revert to stock?

That is just to revert back to stock as many owners back in the day were stuck with ecutek tunes that they could not log, didn't have a local source to unlock so they were out of luck other than replacing the ecu or going to an authorized ecutek vendor which is slim in some states.

This allows someone to "start" over and give them some options.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the response. I'll show my ignorance here and I'm ok with that, but can you clarify what you mean when you say "unmarried accessport"

My brother has a 2011 LGT and he has an accessport he used to flash a cobb tune. Would I be able to use that accessport to get rid of the ECUtek lock?

No, because I believe the 2011 uses the SUB-003, and the 05 LGT uses the SUB-002. In addition, unmarried means it isn't installed on another car. So you couldn't use his even if it was the right version unless he uninstalled it from his car first.

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

Dave,

Thanks for the response. I'll show my ignorance here and I'm ok with that, but can you clarify what you mean when you say "unmarried accessport"

My brother has a 2011 LGT and he has an accessport he used to flash a cobb tune. Would I be able to use that accessport to get rid of the ECUtek lock?

No. Do not use your brother's AP, it will likely brick your ECU and cause you alot more time and trouble. (and money!)

You need the AP for your year car -- SUB-002. You can find a V2 AP on here --check the FS threads-- for about $325 shipped.

Unmarried means it's been uninstalled from the vehicle. Cobb APs are a 1:1 unit. When you install the Cobb AP to your vehicle, they're "married" to each other. In its installed state, it cannot be used on any other vehicle until it's been "unmarried", ie, Uninstalled from the first vehicle.

Archived