LegacyGT.com

Need to make a decision on a sound upgrade

Has anyone here upgraded their amp/sub/speakers in their 4th gen and kept the factory head unit?

One of the best ways to upgrade sound is to go aftermarket, but between the $270 doulbe-DIN kit and at least 400 for a decent touch screen double-DIN head unit, I'm looking at a pretty hefty investment. Not only that, but I feel aftermarket head units just don't look right in our cars.

I'm leaning toward a Parrot MKi9200 and the aux-in mod, and eventually I will upgrade the speakers/amp/sub. I'd like to get some opinions from anyone with upgrades and a stock head unit.

The lack of bluetooth is driving me insane.

Thanks all

I did the whole upgrade minus the head unit for a while. Way better than stock but could not get rid of alternator whine. I was lucky and have manual heater controls in my car. I only paid $300 for DVD/CD/XM Kenwood touch screen deck with iPhone adapter and it came with everything to install for free from Crutchfield.

Upgrade the head unit. Nevermind the other stuff, for the time being. You'll get your bluetooth, your aux-in, and vastly improved sound. If you decide later on that you want more/better sound, get a sub amp and trunk enclosure. Then, if you still want more, get a 4-channel amp and upgraded door speakers.

Get the head unit first. That's your biggest bang for the buck.

Tits mcgee

Archived