LegacyGT.com

Rough idle after startup, drive and stop.

Hi guys,

This might be something or nothing. I have a 2007 LGT automatic with 112K on the auto. After a cold startup (and sometimes letting it idle for a minute unless I'm running late), I drive off and try to stay out of boost/keep revs low until engine is warmed up.

Lately though, when I come to my first stop light, the engine idles horribly almost like it's going to die (though it never has). Once I get going again, all seems to be well and by the time I get to the next stoplight, the car idles happily and continues to do so for the rest of my drive. It's just my first stop that it idles grumpily.

I am thinking the cold temps have something to do with it. My only mods are BP TMIC and Stage 1 accessport tune from Brentuning.

I checked the oil levels (rotella T6) and they are perfect. I plan on getting my spark plugs checked at my next oil change.

Any ideas what might cause this rough temporary idle?

Thanks.

Most likely its the old black o-rings at the intake manifold to TGV's. when you order the new larger orange one's and see the difference you'll understand.

$20.00 bucks for the o-rings from the dealer. The guy's at Bren will know about them.

Does Niel (Nrw) still work there ? Haven't heard from him on here much lately.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Most likely its the old black o-rings at the intake manifold to TGV's. when you order the new larger orange one's and see the difference you'll understand.

$20.00 bucks for the o-rings from the dealer. The guy's at Bren will know about them.

Does Niel (Nrw) still work there ? Haven't heard from him on here much lately.

Thanks. I did my tune via email (as I live in VA). I can't remember who I corresponded with.

Yup, I searched what you said and that is exactly my issue. Thanks.

Your welcome. Do you know how to replace them without lifting the intake off the car ?

Or the other way is to remove the whole intake assembly from the heads, while its off tighen or replace the fuel line clamps also.

But that involves the two TGV to head gaskets and coolant.

You can see the whole assembly in my click here link. I installed the new orange o-rings with the intake on the engine before the rebuild.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm planning on replacing the gaskets myself. Though my issue is the opposite. Runs great when it's cold (I take it easy until the car warms up), but if I've driven it a bit, stop somewhere for 20 minutes or so, start up the car and that's when I have issue. Seems to sputter a bit trying to turn over, it does and idles pretty low. Give it a little gas and it's good to go, no issues when driving. Oh my LGT :)

Archived