LegacyGT.com

P0301 code after flat tire

I read this from the dash display. After driving into Sears on a flat tire, and having one tire removed/put back on, the car was returned to me with the classic CEL on with cruise/S# flashing and traction control disabled. The code alternates between P0301 and P0000. I know this is cylinder one misfire, but car ran fine before and fine now. Only exception was prior intermittent stumble of engine if I tapped gas as when backing from parking space, which has been an issue for some time and not bad enough to trouble shoot (never stalled). I assume the obvious test is to swap coils and check plugs, but is this a total coincidence? The timing of this seems remarkably odd. Gas cap is tight.:confused:

Have you reset the ECU and taken the car for a good long drive on the highway ?

How many miles on the plugs ?

What type driving do you do with car ? is it a DD that gets lots of highway miles or just around town to get to work and back less then 5 miles ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

58k on car, I've had it a year, probably original plugs. Mostly city driving last 12,000 miles, short trips. Did not reset ECU yet, just pulled the codes. I can reset later today, but a long drive won't be til tomorrow.

My thought on these cars is, they don't do well on short drives. They need to be driven.

Knock on wood, my DD is 33 miles one way mostly highway about 28 miles. I don't drive my 09 Spec B much but when I do it's for the long drive. My wagon has never had any of the common issues I read about that people seem to have. When I ask, they all seem to have the same answer, the car is driven for short distances.

I also don't let the car warm up before driving it. Even in -20F temps, start it and drive it. I'll scrap the frost off at times after I start it, but 95% of the time, its start it and drive it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived