LegacyGT.com

Hard time finding the 05 I want

Brandon-K

I'm trying to be as picky as I can with this car as it's the last one the parents are buying me (a ~3 year delayed high school grad. present). Currently I want a Silver Legacy (N/A) Limited with a Manual Trans. I would probably be ok with trying to get it in an 06 and spend the extra bit of money, but according to one dealership and the brochure, I cannot get both a MT and the LTD package in an 06. I can get a SE (sunroof but no leather) with a MT, but the LTD only comes as an AT+Sport shifter? Is it worth it? I drove the auto at the dealership, and it was ok.... but I like MTs.

Currently I have 3 Silver, 2005 Legacy Limiteds that I've found within 200 miles of me. 2 in Indiana, and one in Ohio I think (I would go through a dealership in Iowa for this one). The prices for those range from $22-25.5. Is this about the fair price? All are new with only the miles that it would take to get it to me.

Should I skip the leather and have an easier time finding the MT? Or should I go w/ the auto and play with the sportshifter all the time? It'd be nice to have an auto when I'm in traffic, but the sportshifter wasn't nearly as responsive as a clutch is (isn't designed to be obviously)...

Give me some ideas? You guys are the pros.

hold out for the MT - you will regrtet it for as long as you have the car (or longer). i just brought my car in for the 11k + oil change & stuff & the dealer replaced my headlight & fog light that burnt out for free. however in the process they messed something up w the fog light & it killed my battery :mad: . they gave us an '05 lmtd w the auto stick. after driving that thing around for a couple of days i am so glad i held out. there is such a huge diff in how fast you can take off from a stop w the MT:D .

If you're looking at spending $22.5-25K, I'd say skip the leather and find an '05 non-limited GT! You can probably get one in that price range, and you'll enjoy the turbo motor and MT a lot more than you'll enjoy the leather.

If you really want an MT, don't get an automatic under any circumstances.

I'm passing on the GTs for two reasons

1) I don't need/want the speed. I don't race, I don't plan on doing any performance mods.

2) My insurance is already high enough, getting a T/C car would only add to it.

and 3) (even though I said two reasons), I want the leather mostly b/c I'm looking for a luxury type car. I want a car that ppl see and say "damn, that's a nice looking car"

...I want the leather mostly b/c I'm looking for a luxury type car. I want a car that ppl see and say "damn, that's a nice looking car"
They'll say that until they sit on your leather seats on a 95 degree summer day; then they'll want you to drive them to a hospital emergency room to have their shirt extracted from their scalded back...

They'll say that until they sit on your leather seats on a 95 degree summer day; then they'll want you to drive them to a hospital emergency room to have their shirt extracted from their scalded back...

hasn't happened yet

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

hasn't happened yet

Not to me either, although that's one if the reasons I got the Taupe leather instead of the black.

I have the Limited package and the turbo motor, but if I had to give one of them up, I would definitely keep the turbo and ditch the leather.

sometimes i drive my mom's car for gas relief. It's $40 a fill up on regular and i get 24 mpg roughly in her car. In my Legacy it's premium and I get 17.9 mpg...YUCK.

She has a Silver 2.5i limited manual. The one thing that would be missed in the Special Edition that i like on our cars is the dual climate control. does the SE have heated seats? I'd miss that too.

Plus the rebates on the 05's are insane! where do you live?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried the leather..didn't like it...too hard, plus in hot weather, you'd better be wearing jeans and any girls better not be wearing skirts:lol:

the power is day/night...believe me, the auto is plentya powa...just punch it and leave everything else to the car....:D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

I didn't want leather either...i wanted powerseats for both sides though. I'm glad i went with the limited versus the non. Girls appreciate the leather. They have certain impressions of Subarus up here so when they get in and sit on the leather and take in the interior they are like, "this is a nice car." I really didn't care about a sunroof but i found myself using it all the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JOOC, did you get quotes from your insurance agent for the GT vs. the non-GT?

The n/a engine is adequate, the GT is spirited. There really isn't an in-between motor, unless you go to an Outback and the 3.0 liter engine.

If you go n/a, you'll want the manual, unless you plan to be stuck in stop-and-go traffic on a regular basis. The slushbox does slow things down.

Gas mileage is a factor, of course.

Also, how about the Impreza? It's available in leather for 2006 in the WRX version.

I'm passing on the GTs for two reasons

1) I don't need/want the speed. I don't race, I don't plan on doing any performance mods.

2) My insurance is already high enough, getting a T/C car would only add to it.

and 3) (even though I said two reasons), I want the leather mostly b/c I'm looking for a luxury type car. I want a car that ppl see and say "damn, that's a nice looking car"

WRX insurance is higher than the leggy GT. And driving my mom's 2.5i manual...i do miss the low end push...and i have to down shift to 4th on the highway to pass. Other than that i find it more than adequate. It's great on the highway, great off the line. I was driving the other day and found myself at 100 without realizing it. handling and breaking is superb. It doesn't feel overwhelmed with power like the GT. I guess i'm lucky to drive both regularly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks & comfort only?

Go get an Acura!

J/P! Get the GT.... you won't regret it! You can take it easy if you please..... but the power's there.... just in case!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

• 2 weeks later...

The GT is also an extra like 8grand.... I don't have the 8grand for something I'm not even keen on.

My mom's bimmer has leather and I've sat in it on many hot days around here (Illinois), and I'm ok with it. In my opinion, the rewards out ways the negatives.

The rewards are great around here on the 05's, which is another reason I'm torn towards the 05 vs the 06.

Sadly I didn't get a chance to call back on the silver 05 LTD that my local dealer found and was willing to transfer in b/c we had some family things go down and I was told now was not a "good time to ask for a loan" from the Bank of Parents... so hopefully next month I'll still be able to locate one. Maybe I'll luck out and find a 05 GT LTD for sale by owner cheap.... doubtful though

Ok, if the insurance is the only thing to worry about... Seriously get a fair VIN # price quote from MULTIPLE insurance companies. I didnt even price the regular Legacy, but lets just say... going from a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan SE, to a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, my insurance only went up $40. Now, that may seem SOOO high to a lot of people. But, I am living in Northern Texas (insurance is a killer, I have NEVER had any tickets, accidents, anything..., and I am only 20) Now, my van insurance was $120 a month, soooo high, but at only $40 more for a car with 5x the value, and almost double the HP... thats not bad. If you have a good record, go for the GT, seriously... it doesnt matter if you need the HP or not. ALSO, if you are going for the GT, get an 05, dealers are trying to sell them off because they have the 06.

As for the MT, or AT, if you are going for the GT, its up to you, the EAT is nice (I have it and I personally really like it) but if you are going for the regular Legacy, get the MT... Also, doesnt the regular Legacy only have a 4 speed auto? As opposed to the GT which has the 5 speed auto. If you are looking for the "sporty" factor, get the GT with MT...

As for the leather, its nice... I personally love it... I got the taupe interior and it stays very cool, even for a texas summer... Also get the windows tinted ASAP, as that helps with the heat/leather factor.

If you are worried about the price... 22-25 for the REGULAR Legacy(05)... thats kinda high IMHO... you should be able to get a LGT - Limited 5EAT, with some options for about $25 ish... If you go for the MT, you should take about a grand off that = about $24ish... But that is all subject to change due to area, availability, ect...

Regardless, good luck man... I seriously hope you get the GT, you wont regret it.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Maybe I'll luck out and find a 05 GT LTD for sale by owner cheap.... doubtful though

Check out the classifieds... It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but someone is selling a black LGT wagon with a LOT of upgrades for 23,700 I think it was...

But I'm pretty sure your stuck on getting a silver sedan... Just check out the avenue's available..

Lots of people in here with good information... so keep your ears open

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Did your insurance go up $40/month, or $40/year?

There's a big difference between the two. :)

Ok, if the insurance is the only thing to worry about... Seriously get a fair VIN # price quote from MULTIPLE insurance companies. I didnt even price the regular Legacy, but lets just say... going from a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan SE, to a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, my insurance only went up $40. Now, that may seem SOOO high to a lot of people. But, I am living in Northern Texas (insurance is a killer, I have NEVER had any tickets, accidents, anything..., and I am only 20) Now, my van insurance was $120 a month, soooo high, but at only $40 more for a car with 5x the value, and almost double the HP... thats not bad. If you have a good record, go for the GT, seriously... it doesnt matter if you need the HP or not. ALSO, if you are going for the GT, get an 05, dealers are trying to sell them off because they have the 06.

As for the MT, or AT, if you are going for the GT, its up to you, the EAT is nice (I have it and I personally really like it) but if you are going for the regular Legacy, get the MT... Also, doesnt the regular Legacy only have a 4 speed auto? As opposed to the GT which has the 5 speed auto. If you are looking for the "sporty" factor, get the GT with MT...

As for the leather, its nice... I personally love it... I got the taupe interior and it stays very cool, even for a texas summer... Also get the windows tinted ASAP, as that helps with the heat/leather factor.

If you are worried about the price... 22-25 for the REGULAR Legacy(05)... thats kinda high IMHO... you should be able to get a LGT - Limited 5EAT, with some options for about $25 ish... If you go for the MT, you should take about a grand off that = about $24ish... But that is all subject to change due to area, availability, ect...

Regardless, good luck man... I seriously hope you get the GT, you wont regret it.

Archived