LegacyGT.com

Another: Plug-n-Play AUX-In - 2005 6-CD Radio

mvigneau

Mvigneau-

Any further information?

"I will be installing this into DV8ingVector's car either this weekend or next weekend and we will take pictures and create a write-up. This is NOT an easy solution and requires cutting traces as well as opening up the radio."

I'm interested as I live near you & would like to check it out in person.

-Zeke

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is installed in my car as well as DV8ingVector's vehicle and has worked flawelessly for the past 2 weeks!

I am finishing up the installation instructions (complicated) and should have them ready within a week. When they are ready, this option will be offered and available for installations.

But if you want to take a look, we can schedule a time. You could even come by and check it out this weekend (Sunday).

PM me and I will send you my e-mail address.

I have picked up a single Disc 2.5i receiver (off eBay) that I will be installing this into to verify that it works with those radios.

The thump occurs at volumes higher than 5/6 at the following:

1.) When you switch between FM and Aux/iPod

2.) When you switch between Aux/iPod and FM

3.) When you turn the car off while listening to the Aux/iPod.

I usually just turn the volume down before I switch between sources because the iPod is usually a higher volume (running off of Dock Connector) anyway so I don't need to listen to it as loud.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering, have you considering trying to use the built in mute feature some people have figured out so there isn't a thump sound when you switch modes?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25744&page=7

I haven't read everything but it appears that you toggle a particular resistance across two pins to mute it (there are other features as well).

I am not sure it would still switch because you are using the one switch for 2 things, but I guess I might be able to use a diode to get it to do both things...

On second thought, I don't think it will work. The mute button is a momentary switch and requires pressing it 2x for it to mute and then unmute (2 signals sent), so I would have to mute it and then unmute it which I don't think is possible with 1 button press.

People that have heard the thump have thought it wasn't a big deal and I was making it out to be worse than it actually is.

if the thump you're talking about is what i think it is. it may have something to do with your ground. when i used to play around with subs and what not in my previous cars. when the ground coming from the amp was not fully secured to something solid it would cause the sub to thump everytime the car was turned on and off. i didn't read much into your problem so i don't know your exact case. but i figured i would offer my input.

This doesn't offer the option to charge the iPod, but you could EASILY add it yourself. Either by cutting a USB cable as I did or buying a premade cable that has the iPod power connections already built into it. There has been a link posted with the cable that you want and is something like $30. If you can install this board into your radio, you can add iPod charging without a problem.

Do you have an ETA and price on the boards yet?

One suggestion: It would be helpful for the DIYers if the wires were already soldered onto your board, and if you included precut lengths of the other wires. I don't have a lot of 30AWG wire around in the colors you suggest, and I'd be willing to pay a bit more for this.

Unfortunately, my wife and I are closing on a house within the month and have started packing, so all of my stuff has been packed away. When we close and move into the new house, I hope to have the boards ready to start sending out.

But the boards will include everything but will not need any wires soldered onto them (I used Screwdown terminals instead). I will include all of the wiring.

Again, I will not be installing this for people. Too many unknowns with other people's radios (where it's been, what's been spilled on it, have they tinkered with it, etc...).

I'm working on a digital version.... because i'm an over achiever... and don't like relay 'thump's in my speakers.... of course i'll post what i do what i get it done... right now i have a pile of Flipflops, and JFET's sitting on my desk just screaming "put me in something!"

now i just need to figure out how to use the school's printed circuit board machine :icon_wink

mvigneau, moving out of warner? or nh? or one of those down the road type deals?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you utilize your board to connect an XM radio, instead of an "ipod"? I want to install the Roady XT, however with optimal sound quality versus the fm transmitter. Also, will this option send continuous power to the XM radio?

Let me know as I am interested in both your product, if still available, and Jazzy's.

Thanks

Joe

The input of the board is 2-RCAs (Left and Right), so you could convert it to anything that you want (1/8", 3/32", 1/4"), whatever your equipment has.

As to charging, the board does not provide a charge, but you can easily tap off the cigarette lighter or the subaru wiring harness. You will experience a ground-loop unless you use the Ground Loop Isolator provided.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived