LegacyGT.com

01 lgt engine swap Qs

Im looking to swap my 2.5sohc for something that i can start tinkering more with. My questions are:

how much of a hassle is it to get an ez30dohc in a 01legacy gt?

how well do the ej25DOHC ez30DOHC engines handle boost?

if they dont handle boost well, what are the best things to do to them before i start beating them into the ground?

thank you interwebs, hope to hear from you soon

The Beef

If by EJ25 you mean the 255 or the 257 they were built to

Be boosted. There are two ez30d's the newer model is coloquially known as the ez30r. Neither were built to handle boost but they have been boosted. Perrin did one.

Your biggest problem in a swap is always going to be wiring. If you're comfortable merging the harnesses yourself then no big deal. If you're not you can get it done for $600-$800. Conventional wisdom here has always been "just buy a LGT." I don't necessarily support that advice but there is a lot of value to it. All in all just buying a new car would be easier and it might even be cheaper in the long run.

Im looking to swap my 2.5sohc for something that i can start tinkering more with. My questions are:

how much of a hassle is it to get an ez30dohc in a 01legacy gt?

how well do the ej25DOHC ez30DOHC engines handle boost?

if they dont handle boost well, what are the best things to do to them before i start beating them into the ground?

thank you interwebs, hope to hear from you soon

The Beef

Awesome-ness

The 01 could work well with a EJ205 swap more so than a 255 swap and better still with a EZ30D than a turbo swap. With either swap there is fueling upgrades needed and ECU/wiring updates. You could build a EJ22T or EJ22E + EJ25D heads(FrankenMotor) with boost. If boost is your goal and you dont want to fab a ton of parts EJ22T or EJ205 will be your best bets or buy a front engine clip from a part importer (EJ207) and swap that in.

If you dont mind a little fab work refer to Giro Disc thread for reference, the H6 an handle boost more than people can build into it just search for "Perrin H6 STi" on Youtube youll see.

Archived