LegacyGT.com

wiper replacement under warranty

llmask

Wear Item Limited Warranty

Wear item coverage for all models is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered include brake pad/shoe linings, clutch disk linings, and wiper blades.

thats off the subaru website.

anyone ever take advantage of getting their wipers replaced under warranty?

Wear item coverage for all models is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered include brake pad/shoe linings, clutch disk linings, and wiper blades.

To what, replace them with the same shit thats on the car? No.....PIAA from tirerack. :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

16k on the car, the dearler has replaced them twice. They actually need it again. I thought I would just keep making the dealer replace them b/c that's the only way Subaru would know they're junk. But I'm giving up and installing PIAA's.

I just got off the phone with my dealership that sent me away last week when I asked for replacement wipers and told them to have them ready today after I get off work.

I clean my windshield often and I thought the stock wipers worked great for the first 9 months or so. I dont mind using "Just the stockers":)

Thanks for the post!

why spend more of my hard earned money on PIAA's when I paid for replacement wipers already included in the warranty?

because oem wipers just don't work at all (dealer has already replaced for me twice). :(

This Space For Rent

gt_ltd, how often do you care/clean your wipers?

never. :lol: but i dont see how it matters... the new wipers didn't wipe well right after (read: within 24 hours) they were installed, and the car is always garaged. my 1999 forester, on the other hand, was always parked outdoor and the wipers worked perfectly since day one, for like 3 yrs!

This Space For Rent

I was at the dealership for service this weekend, and got my blades changed. I mentioned that my driver's side wiper wasn't working well to them before they took my car in, and when it came out, I noticed the rubber was still seperating from the rest of the blade; they obviously hadn't checked it out. I mentioned it, and was told the tech who worked on my car had already gone to lunch. I then asked if I could have a set, and just install them myself. They gladly gave me a pair, but said they needed the old ones back. I thus had to do it myself in the parking lot. I'm glad I happened to have my tools with me, so I had a flathead screwdriver. So much for "service." It's not that I mind doing things like this-it's that when I'm paying the dealership that much, I don't expect to have to do these sorts of things myself in their parking lot.

I prefer to clean my wipers. Do it almost every time I fill up at the gas station. Give the windshield a clean, and then I wipe down the wiper blades at the same time. Gets great results. I've done this for quite a while though, so it's mostly just habit. Not like it takes any time and I have nothing better to do while waiting for the tank to fill.

because oem wipers just don't work at all (dealer has already replaced for me twice). :(

Did you actually see them replace them? Did they replace the entire wiper or just the rubber insert? The OEM Wipers work fine...sounds like you have some sort of other problem if they don't.

I got the Valeo's from Tirerack. BEST wipers I have ever used!

Valeo is Subaru's OEM Wiper supplier for North America.

I prefer to clean my wipers. Do it almost every time I fill up at the gas station. Give the windshield a clean, and then I wipe down the wiper blades at the same time. Gets great results. I've done this for quite a while though, so it's mostly just habit. Not like it takes any time and I have nothing better to do while waiting for the tank to fill.

Great advice! If the rubber blade is covered with dirt it won't work correctly. And to make them last longer you should wipe them down with isopryl alcohol every once in awhile too.

To expand on my reason for cleaning the windshield and blades ... I would think it's obvious that road grime and other items make the wipers less effective. Who hasn't at one point in time tried to clean a dirty windshield with the sprayer and the wipers actually made matters much worse? Once they've been running for a while, it gets better. But if the windshield is clean, the wipers are more effective. Also, a dirty windshield is harder on wipers.

Once I was in a habit of cleaning the windshield, I noticed that sometimes in the winter, crap would stick to the blades (ice, snow, crud) so I wiped them off too. It was at this point that I noticed just how dirty they got. That's really bad for the window to be dragging all that dirt across the windshield all the time, so cleaning the wipers makes the windshield cleaner makes the blades last longer and I can see better.

My (stock) wipers clean as good as the day she was new, with nearly 13,000 miles on the clock. :cool:

Archived