LegacyGT.com

Uppipe flange bolt spacing?

Have you called local auto parts stores, or taken the pipe to them and have them match it up.

That's a great idea, too.

Am I the only one that read the OP as, 'bigger UP' ?

If this is the case, we should probably let him know that a bigger UP will lose spool and power on a stock VF40/46.

Tris, yeah it's a bigger diameter pipe, I bought it on ebay to replace the catted stock one while I was replacing the turbo, and the seller stated it was a stock STI up. It's definitely not and the pipe is thick to the point that the OEM gasket doesn't fit. The holes line up but the pipe is huge. Thinking about just gutting the stocker. Thoughts?

Tris, yeah it's a bigger diameter pipe, I bought it on ebay to replace the catted stock one while I was replacing the turbo, and the seller stated it was a stock STI up. It's definitely not and the pipe is thick to the point that the OEM gasket doesn't fit. The holes line up but the pipe is huge. Thinking about just gutting the stocker. Thoughts?

I'm really not a fan of gutting the stocker. It's got a lot of nasty stuff in that that you shouldn't be exposed to, if you can help it.

See if you can get the seller to take the item back, or resell it.

Does it not have a Subaru PN on it? How do you know it's not an OEM STi UP?

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I bought it and the fitment is good so I'd feel bad returning it after marring it up in the install process. The pipe looks nothing like the OEM unit, it looks a bit like the perrin big tube one minus the perrin logo. The flanges are very thick and the welds are very good, although it's welded on both the inside and outside so it's definitely not a perrin part. The only issue I had with it was that the upper flange needed some truing up. (not quite flat)

Archived