LegacyGT.com

Window Track Issues- Scratching in Tint

I am having issues with my window tint getting scratched. Mostly on the passenger side, and it seems to be getting through to the glass at this point. (#toolittletoolate)

Does anyone have any insight, or remember any old threads on fixing issues with window tracks? I would like to fix the problem, despite the fact that I already procrastinated long enough to scratch my window. :spin:

And on a related note, my master pw switch now has an 'auto-up' feature for the driver side window. Will I do any permanent damage to the window motor if the switch stays activated (up/dwn) for too long? I have gotten used to it, but every time I pick it up from the shop the window is 'stuck' in the down position until I set the switch to neutral for 60 seconds and then roll it up. :)

Any help would be great! Thanks!

I am having issues with my window tint getting scratched. Mostly on the passenger side, and it seems to be getting through to the glass at this point. (#toolittletoolate)

Does anyone have any insight, or remember any old threads on fixing issues with window tracks? I would like to fix the problem, despite the fact that I already procrastinated long enough to scratch my window. :spin:

And on a related note, my master pw switch now has an 'auto-up' feature for the driver side window. Will I do any permanent damage to the window motor if the switch stays activated (up/dwn) for too long? I have gotten used to it, but every time I pick it up from the shop the window is 'stuck' in the down position until I set the switch to neutral for 60 seconds and then roll it up. :)

Any help would be great! Thanks!

auto up???? Clean the rubber that is next to the window. Use a scew driver to move the rubber (careful) and spray with windex.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

auto up???? Clean the rubber that is next to the window. Use a scew driver to move the rubber (careful) and spray with windex.

auto-up, meaning the switch has no rebound to neutral from the 'up' position (or down for that matter). The switch still works, but I have to play with it to find neutral and get the window to stop moving.

I don't think its the rubber, because I have checked and cleaned it several times and it still seems to be getting worse.

Anyone have the diagram for the door internals so I can look at the layout inside the door? not sure if it makes a difference, but the scratch is a single line that is located (front of the door being mirror side of the window) about 1/3 to 1/2 of the distance back towards the latch end of the door.

• 4 weeks later...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/18/dd3cc4512afd0977172cc474f432a832.jpg

I seem to be having the same problem except its the outside of my window that is getting scratched. I can run my nail across it and confirm that its a scratch. Gonna take my door apart when it gets warmer and see what I can do.

Can it be salt getting into the panel?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Their are felt/Fur pads that are more than likely worn out out. Buy some Fux fur trim it and replace the pads.

This is what wore out on my driver's side and scratched the window. Replaced felt and adjusted the follower and now it works correctly. I plan to leave the glass as-is.

Did you put together a walkthru? ;)

No, but I probably should have.

Once you take in interior door panel off you can unbolt the inner followers, which is pretty self-explanatory. That allows you to then pull the glass (in the fully down position) away from the outer followers enough to unclip them. Remove old felt (mine was worn through to the metal backing) and replace with whatever you think would work as a replacement. I think I used some soft velcro backing (not the hook part) and it's been fine.

Reassemble and when you re-bolt the inner follower/guide there's some adjustment possible to determine how "tightly" the glass is held. I just experimented a few times to find out what seemed to work the best.

I plan to try installing some sound deadening this summer, so if I remember I'll make a proper walkthrough.

Archived