LegacyGT.com

Unidentified wire - Help?

Hey all, Recently got my 2nd gen L sedan from a buddy, but she's in pretty rough shape.

I tore out all the interior - only thing left is the dash, door trim and steering wheel, will be replacing it all with new(er) stuff soon.

After I removed the carpet I found out that it took a pretty hard hit to the bottom, right about where the driver rests his foot by the accelerator. The floor is damaged and the impact looks to have severed a thick black wire that runs from the center of the dash to an area near the door, along the floor. Its the only wire running across the floor, at least in my car. Unfortunately I can't trace it any further without ripping the dash out too.

I've been trying to figure out what exactly it could be through some google-fu but I'm not coming up with anything. Everything SEEMS to be working okay, at least for now. I'm heading down to my garage now I'll update with a pic in a little bit. Any help is appreciated!

wires running across the floor pan sound after market to me.

follow the other end of the wire away from the dash.

where does it go?

amp sound equipment under the driver seat?

cell phone antenna on the rear glass?

cd disk changer in the trunk?

??????????

As promised - the pic of it is attached.

I was thinking possibly stereo stuff too, the car did have aftermarket speakers installed (Horribly may I add - the rear speakers were just set on top and secured with a single wood screw, the speakers didn't even fit the holes)

But no CD changer, amp or subwoofer when I got it, it may have been removed.

I tried tracing it but it disappears into a rat's nest of wiring by the door/behind the lower dash panel.

As long as it isn't anything of importance I won't worry about it until I tear the dash and wiring harness out this summer for the ej207. As I said, everything seems to work just fine, so I'm pretty sure at the point it isn't anything important.

Thank you all for the input!

10872171_10153466404465130_232896419_n.thumb.jpg.4e7c9443af06b87c439d6a6258cfeb04.jpg

Archived