LegacyGT.com

2001 legacy l broken front wheel assembly

cameron.heagle

I'm looking at buying a 2001 legacy l that has been wrecked. The girl said she hit the brakes too hard and slid into a curb with the front right tire, popped the tire and broke and pushed thewheel back in the wheel well. It does not look bad from pictures but I'm yet to go actually look at it due to it being 2 hours away. I have called and found 2 legacy outbacks in nearby junkyards, ones a 2000 and the other a 2001. Didn't know if the axle, strut and strut assembly and control arms are interchangeable between the outback and the sedan. Not sure what's all broke on it but got a decent idea since my sister did the same in her grand am and it was the axle and the housing that holds all the things together for the wheel, which I can't think of what this housing is called but want to know if I can pull the front wheel assembly from the outbacks at the junkyard and replace them on the sedan I'm purchasing. Thank you for any help in advance.

The only difference it the strut assembles. The knuckle, hub and control arms will carry over. Probably will need to replace all the bits that bolt to the subframe and get an alignment. Also check the upper strut mount to make sure they are distorted.

Archived