LegacyGT.com

Acura NSX Global Unveiling

Yep... here's the fun facts:

$150,000

"550+ HP"

3 Electric engines (1 per front wheel, and 1 shared between the back wheels)

1 IC engine (V6 twin turbo) which also powers the rear wheels through a 9-speed twin clutch trans

Blah blah driver-centric blah blah marketing-platitude-#54 blah blah

Basically, it's designed to be on-par with the IS F, but cost half as much. Bye bye Lexus...

The Lexus IS-F costs about 1/2 that. Maybe you mean the LFA, which is no longer in production.

Either way I guarantee for that money there are a bunch of cars that will be better.

That's because this car is old. Acura announced it 3 years ago and even had commercials for it. So 3 years ago the LFA was still around :lol:

I'll be curious what the NSX does in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. With 3 electric motors, it has the potential to be glorious, and MUCH faster than pure IC cars with similar HP.

However, I'm not holding my breath. Honda has a LOOOOOONG history of disappointing performance figures. For many years, it seemed like they were actively striving for the most "meh" car possible.

Well the porsche 911 turbo with the pdk and 500hp can do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds partially thanks to AWD and fast spooling turbos. That is pretty darn fast for a production car. Be a good comparison to the NSX as it is around the same price and AWD.

If you're buying a supercharged for fuel economy you're an idiot.

As for 0-60 times? Who cares? I care about 50-100 alot more to be honest. Plus under 3 seconds even with AWD on street tires is going to be a traction issue from here on out.

Archived