LegacyGT.com

will this fit my 08 LGT 5EAT ?

gotcha, which one do you recommend for my car? i wont put it on until i have up-pipe, exhaust and stage 1 tune.

i understand it doesn't really help anything mechanically, and i know it sounds stupid... but i do want it for the sound :)

It's a VTA, or Vent-To-Atmosphere BOV (Blow-Off Valve), which, you will need to be tuned for. Specifically, you'll need a Speed-Density tune, which, at stock-ish power and no mods, is not really a good idea.

It's actually a 50/50 hybrid bov/bpv many people report no or limited issues with that type of bov. That being said I wouldn't recommend anything that vents to atmosphere,even partially.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

It is better for your car. with how the LGT's MAF system works, it expects the air to be recirculated, so i puts in a certain amount of fuel to get a good AFR. however if you vent that excess air to the atmosphere, the car is still putting in the amount of fuel that is required for the air that should have been recirculated. meaning you run a little rich

I would recommend something like the Turbo XS hybrid valve (you can find them used for cheaper). you can set how much air recirculates and how much vents. if you set it to 20% vent 80% recirculate you will get that signature woosh of a turbo but the performance of the stock system. then, if you get protuned, your tuner can adjust the car to run with a different ratio of vent to return and get a bigger woosh if you want

It is better for your car. with how the LGT's MAF system works, it expects the air to be recirculated, so i puts in a certain amount of fuel to get a good AFR. however if you vent that excess air to the atmosphere, the car is still putting in the amount of fuel that is required for the air that should have been recirculated. meaning you run a little rich

I definitely don't want to run rich...which b.o.v. would you recommend?

Well, technically, yes, you do.

Lean is when there's more air than fuel, which causes detonation, which kills piston rings, and, in severe cases, the whole piston.

14.7 to 1 is technically, perfect Stoich. Our cars can't really run more than like, 12 or 13,nwhich, according to the math, is rich. But, rich only robs you of power and fuel mileage; in extreme cases, cylinder wash down can occur, however, that's rarely a problem on our motors.

So if you had to run either way, always go rich.

Archived