LegacyGT.com

Upgrading Suspension

amp583

I need some upgrading help for my suspension. I'm currently running whiteline F/R rear sways with Kartboy endlinks. I've read a bunch that the bars suck so I'm hoping to upgrade them soon. While I'm down there, I want to upgrade anything else but I'm not too sure where to focus my money/upgrades. I've read about upgrading the LCA's and was thinking I could do that next.

Basically, can you guys recommend some upgrade path? I'm not too interested in springs and coilovers yet but open to it. Oddly enough, theres more ride-height in the front than rear - not sure why.

Thanks.

Subarus are prone to sagging in the rear so that is perfectly normal. Most springs for our cars drop more in the front to compensate and coilovers of course are adjustable. The route I would recommend is sways/endlinks then bushings then coilovers or struts/springs. The whiteline sways are highly regarded from what I've read so I'm surprised you hear differently. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. If you don't notice them being bad, why the hell replace them? Just my opinion. LCA bushings for sure, and any other you are willing to spend money on them. Steering rack bushings seem to be popular and good bang for your buck. Infamous Performance has a pretty good selection of Whiteline bushings for our cars if you browse around on there.

Read up more around here, don't take it from me or any single poster on here, but read up. That being said if I did my car again I'd go with the sways you have, the endlinks you have, Whiteline bushings all around then coilovers... stupidly I went coilovers first because it looked better.. lol

Edit: I know you are talking suspension but investing in good tires is a great idea too if you are looking to go for better handling. I love my Bridgestone Potenza RE-760 tires, stiff sidewall, amazing grip and cost effective.

1st upgrade in terms of suspension would be tires.

I guess that depends on your goals. If you want to upgrade so your car actually performs better - tires first.

If you want to upgrade for looks - lower it.

If you want to upgrade for feel do whatever to make it "feel better.

I'm in the boat of upgrading everything on my 06 sedan. Bilstein HD struts, Swift Springs, Whiteline bushings for the LCA because it's getting bad and for the rear upper trailing arm bushings with camber correction. If the other bushings are good I'm just gonna stay where things are at cause it's going to be a bitch and pricey to get them pushed out and the new ones put in.

I guess that depends on your goals. If you want to upgrade so your car actually performs better - tires first.

If you want to upgrade for looks - lower it.

If you want to upgrade for feel do whatever to make it "feel better.

I want it all. Can I have all three.? :lol:

I need some upgrading help for my suspension. I'm currently running whiteline F/R rear sways with Kartboy endlinks. I've read a bunch that the bars suck so I'm hoping to upgrade them soon. While I'm down there, I want to upgrade anything else but I'm not too sure where to focus my money/upgrades. I've read about upgrading the LCA's and was thinking I could do that next.

Basically, can you guys recommend some upgrade path? I'm not too interested in springs and coilovers yet but open to it. Oddly enough, theres more ride-height in the front than rear - not sure why.

Thanks.

Where did you read Whiteline bars suck? I'm betting these are the same people that think their car handles awesome after they throw on the biggest rear bar they can find. I ran the 22f/20r adjustable sways for years. Sway bars are to tune the suspension after you're happy with the spring rates.

If you want to firm up your ride, get a set of Konis. You can go further and add lowering springs.

Subarus don't sag in the rear. The front suspension needs more travel due to the engine placement and weight distribution. Without enough suspension travel, the front could hit the bump stops under hard braking or cornering. Getting an equalized ride height would mean stiffer dampers and springs in the front, but you should get them in the rear as well.

Archived