LegacyGT.com

HID burn out

PNWSubie

Hey, recently one of my HID's began turning purple so I am looking for a good replacement. The HID conversion was done before I bought the car two years ago so as of now I am not sure what kit they used. I just took the bulb out and saw it was an H7 but all the H7 replacements I saw online looked to be super cheap knock offs. My buddy said the D2S might share the same base...is this true, or if not what is a good replacement bulb. Also, do I have to replace just the bulb like they have on diode dynamics or should I find one with the bulb and wires connected to it? Thanks for the help, sorry this is a dumb question but this is my first time changing HID's.

First off, Do you have reflector housings or projectors?

The letter H in H7 designates halogen.

D2S and H7 have different bases and are not compatible.

If you have reflector housings use Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited

If you have projectors and HIDs have been added, Use http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/bulbs/morimoto-3five-h7-bulbs.html#.VK4o29UXlBw Avoid selecting bulbs higher than 5000K in color temperature, vision on wet surfaces will suffer.

Please do not use HID bulbs in reflector housings. The optics weren't designed to work optimally with each other. The result is an unfocused beam which scatters light, blinding oncoming motorists.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

D2S and H7 are not compatible. For replacement HID bulbs, go to TRS (as stevena suggested) or DD. Personally, I like TRS better. Any replacement HID bulbs will come with the wires attached, but feel free to ask any one of their associates and they can mollify any doubts.

Archived