LegacyGT.com

Oil Dipstick Popping out HELP!!

The dipstick for the oil keeps popping out on my 05 lgt, spewing oil all over the engine. I can't figure out why. I just replaced the gasket on the dipstick itself and it fits snug but that didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Car is stock except for cobb intake

OP, you would be wise to replace your PCV valve. It's not too hard, just take off your TMIC and it's right below there. Hardest part is the hose clamp that's near the block. Getting it back on is a bitch, not gonna lie to you about that. Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward.

The part is about $30, and it'll take you a couple hours or so to replace it -

Many vendors here, like msprank or Underdog would have it in stock and ready to ship to you.

Sounds like me.. I replaced my PCV (before the oil dipstick issue) and next thing I knew a few weeks later it pops up..

However I will admit it has stopped doing it now but it makes a total mess.

Didn't you have ringland issues though? I believe cracked ringland can also cause the dipstick to pop out :(.

I just assumed that is what you had from the following discussion we had on one of your threads:

U can also do what I called the puf puf test where u take the oil cap off while idling and see if u see vapor pulsating in phase with the rpm. If u only see some vapor at first and no pulsating afterwards u should be OK ringland wise. But if it pulsates in phase with the rpm, then it's no good :(

It goes in phase with the rpm.. im deciding if I want to do a used ej255 block for like $500 or ej22e with the 255 heads

The other thing is to remove the pistons but not too keen because I've only taken one motor apart and it was just a learning session. . My biggest fear is getting the wrist pins back in place

Then I hope you don't have that issue then.

Archived