LegacyGT.com

Used Rims

alyolles

Need new rims because current ones are bent. Looking at a used set on craigslist but not sure weather i should get them or not because i dont want to have the same issue i have now. What would you guys do? Also anybody have any recommendations for places to get cheap rims?

If I had to guess, I would say low profile tires + pot holes. These are also aluminum wheels, and aluminum is soft. These wheels have lasted almost ten years in Houston on my car, and Texas has some really poor roads. So one wheel in ten years isn't bad.

Have you talked with a wheel shop ? we have some close which will straighten the rim for around 50-80 dollars. They can even fix curb rash.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Got my replacement wheels from the Rack. They have very reasonably priced wheels - they even have one that looks somewhat like OEM. Having had a tire give its life to protect the rim (big gash) from a pothole, I decided to go with more rubber on slightly wider rims - running 235/45's. Car looks better, IMO, the wheels fill the wheel arch better, and obviously there is more rubber on the road.

Archived