LegacyGT.com

Meguiar's quick interior detailer info

deneb

Hi guys, I was wondering about the level of UV protection the Meguiar's qwik interior detailer contains, pulled this off the Meguiar's forum:

Originally posted by Slats

How much UV protection does the Quick Interior Detailer contain? I'm wanting something that produces very very little shine but will protect my dashboard and vinyl in my car. Thought about trying #40, but if Interior Detailer has the same protection and less shine I might try it.

Thanks

Hi Slats,

Quick Interior Detailer contains a little amount of UV protection, not enough to enable it to be a direct replacement for a normal dressing. Quick Interior Detailer is more for cleaning, than for conditioning and protection. In the same way an exterior quick detailer, like Quik Detailer is for removing light dust, fingerprints and smudges and it's not a replacement for either a normal wax or even a spray-on wax.

Sorry for the late reply on this Slats...

Mike

Kinda disappointing, I was hoping to use the quick interior detailer exclusively, as it cleans well with no gloss, but it looks like if you want true UV protection, another product is warranted.

According to that same thread, they're saying Meguiar's natural shine is the way to go. Copied text below:

The Natural shine, in the consumer line of products is exactly what you are looking for:http://meguiars.com/estore/images/product_g41.gif Designed for people who want to maintain that rich "like new" look on their dashboards, trim, tires, and hundred of other surfaces. Unlike some protectants that leave an artificial plastic or greasy look, this formula brings back the original natural finish and allows you to control just how much shine you add. With one application, you create a perfect, "like new" shine. with two applications, you can increase the shine and darkness and create a look that goes beyond the standard factory finish. To help create a rich, natural shine this complex formula includes cleaning agents that help remove dirt and grime that dull or discolor your finish. We've also added UV protection to reduce damage from the sun.

(right from MEguiars online)

I use 303 a lot for interior protection. However, I love the Meguiar's interior detailer for keeping the dust down. The best part about it is that you don't have to worry about it leaving a haze on the gauge plastic or any other lens on the interior. The same can't be said for other dash protectants. I still use 303 once a month or so for the dash and other areas, but I use the Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer just about every week.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hey OCD, have you tried the Meguiar's natural shine I mentioned above? I'm a big fan of the interior quick detailer as well, makes the interior look like new. If it had more UV protection I wouldn't bother using anything else.

Another question: What's your opinion on using the quick detailer on leather as a cleaner in preparation for Wolfgang leather conditioner? I just ordered the conditioner from premiumautocare.com

I haven't tried their Natural Shine yet. Interior protectant is something I typically buy in bulk since every car needs it, so I don't usually get to try many products off the shelf. I've been meaning to though. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle. Meguiar's has long been a favorite of mine and they rarely disapoint me.

I use the Interior Detailer on my leather just to get spots off where my son drools on it when he crawls around inside while I'm washing. It does a great job on keeping it clean, but if you want protection then you need to use the conditioner. I would say it is probably a decent cleaner if the seats are just dusty or spotty, but every couple months you should use a specific leather cleaner to prep the seats properly.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

OK thanks OCD! FYI premium auto care has a deal going on where you can get a free microfiber towel with an order. According to the confirmation email, I'm getting a free towel with my order of Wolfgang leather conditioner.

Archived