LegacyGT.com

Selling G35 for '13,'14 Legacy?, some questions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I saw this thread a bit late.

Did OP end up keeping his G35 coupe 6mt AND getting a "DD" for the family???

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I purchased a '11 Fusion with 78k. I actually still have the G35 parked in the garage keeping the miles off the original clutch (120k miles). The plan is to trade the G in for a '13 or '14 Explorer when my wife's ready since she'll be driving the SUV. The Explorer is not my choice at all, I strongly prefer a '12 Acura MDX that I can find for the same price of a '13 - '14 Explorer. For whatever reason she really likes the Explorer and of course her vote is all that matters, :).

Okay...you are stil in the safe zone.

Do NOT sell your G35. I am speaking from experience. You will miss it.

You can make all the stupid arguments about room and space and family and the G35 getting old and maybe it will need a new motor. Believe me, I made all the same stupid arguments.

DD the Fusion and drive the G35 on weekends or whatever. You can put a child seat in the back. I did it with my 2004 and my 2005 until my now 21 year old could sit in the front. This was from 2004 to 2012.

when my wife and I were expecting in 2012 and my G35 had almost 100,000 miles on it, I talked myself into a G37 sedan 6mt. Not quite the same. And, it was never the same after that.

In sumary, DO NOT sell your G35. keep it. drive it. fix it. And, you can put a child seat in the back.

If you need more space for strollers and picnic baskets, take the Fusion or the wife's car.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Ah the explorer...excitingly dull! And easy to lose in the parking lot with all the other explorers. Not terribly comfortable or user friendly either. You should take her to see the acura so she can at least feel and drive the niceness.

I'm still amazed that the Ford Exploder went from this high center of gravity death trap into a cheaper Land Rover.

You should take her to see the acura so she can at least feel and drive the niceness.

Out of all the cars I sat in at the car show, the Acura's we're my favorite. For a basic commuter of course :p

My in laws have a 2016 Explorer, they were looking for a basic SUV so they got the lowest model they could. No foglights, no ford sync, manual climate control IIRC. And the steering wheel is still loaded with buttons that are overwhelmingly closely spaced together, they really don't like it all that much. But it rides nice and firm, if you like that, and it isn't horrible on gas. I tried to get them to look harder at the Highlander for $1k more but it was too soft of a ride...lol. I guess going from a truck to a smooth riding SUV is a big difference.

It's a transportation appliance to me, not that there are many exciting SUVs out there, but the Acura has styling and excellent comfort/ergonomics comparatively. I personally want to look at the new CX9 and of course the next 7 pass Subaru!

Archived