LegacyGT.com

Changed transmission fluid - Center diff is noisy now

D-VO

Subject is pretty much the conclusion I have come to. I get a vehicle speed related noise coming from the center of the car. I think the center diff does not like the new fluid. Front and rear diff were done at about the same time with the recommended Mobil1 75W90 fluid.

I guess my questions are two-fold:

Is this going to damage the center diff over time? Or just be annoying

Aside from changing the fluid again, is there anything else I should do? I'd like to not drop the pan if I don't have to.

Any help is appreciated...

Subject is pretty much the conclusion I have come to. I get a vehicle speed related noise coming from the center of the car. I think the center diff does not like the new fluid. Front and rear diff were done at about the same time with the recommended Mobil1 75W90 fluid.

I guess my questions are two-fold:

Is this going to damage the center diff over time? Or just be annoying

Aside from changing the fluid again, is there anything else I should do? I'd like to not drop the pan if I don't have to.

Any help is appreciated...

Auto or manual? Year??

It makes a BIG difference

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I had a local shop just do a drain and fill with some standard ATF, I'm not sure which brand. Level seems fine.

Standard ATF??????

Was the filter replaced? How many quarts?

Sounds like they changed 1/2 the trans fluid.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived