LegacyGT.com

What size fairing for the Legacy?

direavenger

OK, just installed the rack and it all looks great! The bike rack will get in the way of raising the sunroof, but I can live with that. Thanks for the help, all.

You must have a wagon........I didn't think of that....I have a sedan, no problems with the sunroof........sorry I didn't think of that before.....:rolleyes:

I had the previous generation Yakima fairing on my last car. It had a rubber strip along the bottom. Over time, it wore a nice line across the roof. Once I found out about that, I repositioned it so it was resting on the windshield trim. So I would use the clear protector if I were you. You can get the same stuff at ski shops.

Some roof racks w/o the fairing will howl in the wind. Mine on my last car without the fairing actually began to vibrate the roof at high speed.

I only put the roof rack on the car when I need it. Otherwise, it sucks up too much gas. My last car would get 30-32 mpg highway with no rack. With rack but no bikes, it drops to 26-27 mpg highway. With 3 bikes, 20-21 mpg.

You must have a wagon........I didn't think of that....I have a sedan, no problems with the sunroof........sorry I didn't think of that before.....:rolleyes:

Oh no I have the sedan...the bike rack (Yakima Copperhead) sits too low to raise my sunroof completely (looks like it anyway).

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived