LegacyGT.com

Progress Technology suspension components

oaklandmiLGT

Is anyone using or has anyone used parts made by progress? I'm assuming they're pretty new as I just saw them for the first time while checking out what suspension bits fred beans parts carry. I'd love to hear that these are good parts because they are reasonably priced. Their rear sway bar reinforcement bracket for example is $57 as opposed to $105 for the AVO one.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/progress-subaru-legacy-gt-rear-sway-bar-reinforcement-brackets.html

Progress is a great company. We had them make a suspension for our drag race Civic. Ed the shock Engineer took the time to teach my son everything he needed to know about setting the car and worked with us after the sale to fine the spring rates.

Our yellow hatch used to be one of the cars on there Team Page. I haven't checked there site in a while.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

Never heard of them, but now you've peaked my interest!

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

• 1 month later...
I decided to buy their springs. When i get some koni inserts and install these on my car i will post a little reveiw in here

Hey any update on these paired with Koni's? I'm thinking I should just buy H&R's to pair them with since they have such a great reputation on here.

Well i live in michigan and im waiting for the weather to be above freezing to install them so i still havent. I have changed plans slightly though, im now going to use kyb gr2 struts. I would have more confidence going with h&r honestly, everyone seems to love them. I just chose progress because they advertise a little less of a drop than h&r and my driveway is pretty steep.

Well i live in michigan and im waiting for the weather to be above freezing to install them so i still havent. I have changed plans slightly though, im now going to use kyb gr2 struts. I would have more confidence going with h&r honestly, everyone seems to love them. I just chose progress because they advertise a little less of a drop than h&r and my driveway is pretty steep.

In case anyone was interested Swift Springs are just slightly higher spring rates (~30 lbs) & suggest similar drop levels (1.2"/1.0") - but are 2x the cost;).

So these may be a nice spring option if the quality is as noted by the folks who have chimed in:wub:

Yeah i wish i would have commited to the bilstein/swift setup but the price scared me away.

I will probably end up blowing out the gr2 struts, since it sounds like they will be under-dampened, and going with konis. So eventually I'll end up paying the amount i would have if i had gotten bilsteins in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

So i installed the progress springs and kyb gr2 struts yesterday. They ride pretty darn nice, i dont think theyre much less comfortable than stock. The car is lower but it isnt excessive so i dont scrape. I dont think they have settled completely yet but there doesnt seem to be a saggy butt so far. Most importantly these springs have improved the handling a lot. It feels much more precise and it no longer understeers excessively. Ive yet to push it and see how it feels at the limit though.

Overall im quite impressed with the springs.

Archived