LegacyGT.com

hard to start

hey everyone

Im new to the forum, but it seems like theres some great info on here

I picked up an 05 lgt wagon auto not long ago with a blown turbo

Ive replaced the turbo and was still having some issues so I pulled the motor to change a few things and dropped it back in. Before I pulled the motor, the car would start with no issue, now when the battery is hooked up all the corner lights stay up, I also noticed that the security light was flashing on the dash intermittently, and the worst part is the car has to crank for about 10 seconds before it starts and it really hesitates to start, almost like a carb'd car that hasnt ran in a long time. Any ideas? I feel like it could be the security system acting up, but it was fine before I pulled the engine

any help would be appreciated

Did you be sure to reconnect the ground straps?

As for the corner lights-- is the little switch on the steering column flipped? It activates the parking lights, even if the car isn't on, which, of course can drain the battery causing heard starts due to not enough cranking amps.

If the security light is on, it may be related to your immobilizer unit since you're having a hard time getting the engine to start. For instance, if you don't use the right key and try starting the car, it will just crank and never start.

so yeah, check all the connections and stuff.

Archived