LegacyGT.com

HELP! Trying to figure out the different seat combinations in 4th gen

Xander_X

So I have an 09 2.5i SE. Regular tan bucket seats, no heat, power driver side. I want to upgrade them to the GT style sport bucket w/ heat. Luckily I have the tan and black interior, so I could honestly go either way in color.

I personally like leather, easily to clean, adds that touch of refinement, but I'd almost rather get tan cloth so I won't have to spend money or time replacing the rears.

Here's my problem: I can find many seats online using used car part searches but most don't show pictures so I can't tell if it's a a regular bucket or sport bucket.

Here's what I have so far:

- Base, and SE have cloth/regular seats

- Limited hasleather/heated/regular seats

- GT has cloth/heated/sport seats

- GT Limited has leather/heated/sport seats

The 3.0R I'm not really sure on, I've seen pics of them with the regular and pics with the sport. Not sure if this is a trim/YM/region difference.

So basically ... unless my findings above are incorrect, would it be safe to say that all CLOTH/HEATED seats would be of the sport bucket type? That way if I see the seat labeled that way, I know it's what I'm looking for and all I have to do is find out it's condition.

A couple of thoughts come to mind:

(A) have your seats re-upholstered with leather of choice

(B) buy seat-warming kits from eBay/Amazon (and heat the rears while at it)

This has $1,000 written all over it, but it will look (and smell) amazing I'm sure.

Google on companies that specialize in car interiors (conv tops, soft items etc).

A couple of thoughts come to mind:

(A) have your seats re-upholstered with leather of choice

(B) buy seat-warming kits from eBay/Amazon (and heat the rears while at it)

This has $1,000 written all over it, but it will look (and smell) amazing I'm sure.

Google on companies that specialize in car interiors (conv tops, soft items etc).

Thank you for your input. However, if you read my original post thoroughly, I state that I would prefer cloth over leather (for this project at least).

Upgrading to the GT Sport seats is my biggest reason to upgrade, I don't want the plain buckets in the SE.

I can get grade A used OEM seats w/ power, heat, and leather if I so decide for $150 a piece at the most.

And I don't typically allow passengers in my cars except my wife. I've just never liked having anyone in the backseat since I started driving 16 years ago. So I won't require anything done to the rears.

Archived