LegacyGT.com

14.2 @ 95... Stock (mostly)

trabbic

Installed a Cobb Short Shifter and bushings on Friday after work and then went straight to National Trail Dragway in Columbus Ohio. Other than the shifter, I have the resonator removed. 1/4 tank gas, slightly iced intercooler, engine at operating temp, no spare on last run (but intercooler was not iced). Oh yeah temps started at 85, and cooled to 81 according to the sensor in my car, it did not feel that humid, but the last run I was getting condensation on the car waiting to stage.

First Run (ever in this car) was a 14.465 @ 92.96 with a 2.039 60 ft. I bogged pretty bad off the line, the track was VERY sticky. I also bounced off the rev limiter in 3rd trying to cross without shifting. Car raced was a pre 93 Z28 Automatic Stock, and not running very well, no problem (16.9 @ 77).

Second run was 14.290 @ 94.99 with 1.984 60 ft. Shifting at redline, or a hair earlier. My best run. Good launch 6000+ Dump (I know don't lecture me...) Vs. a 1999+ Grand Am GT with some bolt ons. (15.704 @ 85.8)

Third and final run, 14.281 @ 93.55 with a 1.970 60 ft. Shifting a little past red in 3rd. Great launch 1.970 60 ft, 6500 rev limiter dump. Vs. a '05 Mustang GT manual. 13.848 @ 101.48.

I was pretty happy, several people were like "stock??? Really???" :)

Judging from my times in the second run, I am going to shift at 6000 especially in the higher gears for a little faster times, but I don't really plan on going that often, it is just so hard on the car. Speaking about hard on the car, there was a WRX there that the guy was dumping from redline, and claimed LOTS (over 50) of passes with no clutch or tranny problems.

I'm not that worried about my clutch either. I'm no where near 50 yet but I don't feel any problems when I dump it. I don't dump it at redline becuase I spin my tires (which is also helping protect my drivetrain).

Buy yourself a catless uppipe and you'll drop a nice ammount. I saw big gains from it.

Yeah, I usually don't dump at redline, but with the track as sticky as it was I had to, to get the tires to spin. A 5500 rpm drop resulted in a nasty bog.

I am not too worried either, I don't do it enough to really be worried, and as long as I am on these tires I have no worries about damaging slippage anywhere else.

Archived