LegacyGT.com

Do 65W Rallye get dim with age or just die

ashwinearl

I have 65W Rallye and they just seem dimmer than when I first put them in. I do polish my headlights (using Porter Cable 7424 with compound,polish,sealant- sometimes starting with 2000 then 3000 wet sand)

The lines do not seem as crisp as they should, so am wondering of the projectors are out of alignment?

These are going on 2yrs old. Do they age and dim or do they just go out at some point?

thanks

They definitely do dim over time. I have a pair of 65w osram h7's that are going on 3 years and they are just as bright as a newer pair of 55w Phillips on my other legacy. The osram's had noticeable carbon deposits in the bulb indicating they're nearing there end. I know that when I first got them, they were brighter than the 55w stockers.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are going on 2 years old now, and I have been feeling that the headlights aren't as bright as they once were. Might be time to replace them (Candlepower actually recommends a 12-18 month replacement cycle on these).

EDIT: Candlepower has them right now for $36/pair. Great deal on great bulbs.

Mine are going on 2 years old now, and I have been feeling that the headlights aren't as bright as they once were. Might be time to replace them (Candlepower actually recommends a 12-18 month replacement cycle on these).

EDIT: Candlepower has them right now for $36/pair. Great deal on great bulbs.

You can buy these for much cheaper on Ebay. $16/pair shipped. They come from Hong Kong directly and cuts out the middleman.

The ones on eBay are blue tinted. Real Osrams should be clear white, IIRC.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I dug around more on this, and I can't find any reason to think I have fakes. The bulbs are not blue tinted at all, and seem to look just like every other pic of the 65W Osrams. They are stamped with Made in Germany. A lot of people do ask the question of whether they are getting legit bulbs for such little money.

Archived