LegacyGT.com

Starting to feel my sanity slowly slipping away, need help with OBNOXIOUS cabin fan!!

Just picked up a 94 legacy (previous owner just had $1,100 worth of work done, got tboned a week later- i picked it up for $350!) and she has a few issues, as you might expect from a $350 car! but the one that's driving me crazy is that every time i turn on the cabin fan (on any setting, heat, a/c, vent, etc.), it makes an obnoxiously loud whirring sound, that gets increasingly irritating with each speed setting.

compounded by the fact that there's no radio to drown it out, as well as constantly needing to have the fan on to keep the windows from fogging, it's my top priority right now.

i know a fair amount about cars and could take the dash apart if i need to, but i'm hoping someone can chime in who's had a similar problem and maybe there's a simpler solution. it seems like it's coming from the blower motor itself, but i'm not 100% sure. anyone have any ideas or suggestions? much appreciated, thanks!!

my dodge truck blower eats anything on the dash that will fit in the slots. it will make noises like spokes in a bicycle tire until it eats whatever it is, then blow the chunks out the vents at my face. im pretty sure my dodge does it on purpose.

Archived