LegacyGT.com

Torques for Front suspension

So a week or two ago I may have been screwing around in the rain with gloves on (I maintain that was the reason I went off (gloves)) but anyway screwed a wheel bearing up and finished off the LCA rear bushing. Now since I live in the rust belt I figured i'd just replace a bunch of stuff like ball joints (never been replaced) 127k but snapped the bolt head off on the knuckle and ran into a shitload of problems but all the other parts are coming in tomorrow to get a fresh front drivers side suspension. Now I vaguely recall how it all goes together but i'm looking for torques for the hub bolts ball joint brake caliper, AXLE NUT, etc etc... I've looked for a pdf of the manual but with no avail as the vacation photos have been down for awhile.

Anyone got a diagram with the torques or link to shop documents? (05lgtwagon)

Thanks

I need my car back together I'm tired of driving my summer car without heated seats

I think these three documents have all the torque specs you will need. What got me when I did this myself were the wheel bearing bolts. On the front axle document, the bolt labeled "T2" are the bolts that hold the wheel bearing to the knuckle, I believe the bolt near the wheel bearing labeled "12" are the wheel studs.

frontsuspension1.thumb.jpg.b9e8e9fe585212a4efd17325af6e3f36.jpg

front_axle.thumb.jpg.2a9c99601e0635eb157e7e103ca6825e.jpg

front.brakes.thumb.jpg.97ae453cc2ed574f39fa969e18a2d6a7.jpg

Actually here's one more document you may need if you're replacing the knuckle. This document has the torque spec for the castle nut which holds the tie rod end to the knuckle.

*One more thing. I had some trouble separating the wheel bearing and brake shield from the knuckle after removing the four bolts that hold the wheel bearing to the knuckle. They ended up just being held together by a lot of rust, so it wouldn't hurt to spray some pb blaster where the wheel bearing sits in the knuckle, you can kinda see the rust ring where I put the yellow line in the second picture.

steering.thumb.jpg.5c4bdc8c8f11105e6c0beaec04d82ac7.jpg

knuckle1.thumb.jpg.92aa4283614a38e8ff3b2b6b8ebeb8c6.jpg

*One more thing. I had some trouble separating the wheel bearing and brake shield from the knuckle after removing the four bolts that hold the wheel bearing to the knuckle. They ended up just being held together by a lot of rust, so it wouldn't hurt to spray some pb blaster where the wheel bearing sits in the knuckle, you can kinda see the rust ring where I put the yellow line in the second picture.

Already had that issue, because I was replacing the bearing I just hammered it off, shield i'll have to straighten a tad but it's not too bad.

Thanks

F rust

Actually I had trouble seperating the everything from everything... which is why i'm replacing everything, I even bought an expensive impact and all it did was break everything off

Archived