LegacyGT.com

Where to buy resonated mid-pipe and Y-pipe?

TakmaN

I've been searching with no luck in finding a resonated mid-pipe and y-pipe that will mate up to the stock mufflers and 3" downpipe on a 2008 Legacy GT.

I've seen people with Perrin and AVO ones, but AVO is a tad pricey and I've called Perrin and they said they don't have any for the Legacy GT. Any idea on where I can get a 3" resonated mid-pipe and Y-pipe that fits the stock mufflers?

Yeap, AVO and Nameless are the only companies out there making the resonated mid pipes. Perrin and x02 are no longer available. x02 (or whichever seller it is X02/cxracing/gimmick/fms etc) one is no longer resonated like it was a few years ago.

I have the AVO mid and stock mufflers. It is pretty quiet. You might be just fine getting the $280 ebay special, and run it with stock mufflers. If its too loud, have one welded into the mid.

The eBay special is legit, 3 inch full cat back. I run the system with stock cans and it works just fine. I'm not a fan of the eBay muffler style but when I had them on they were good sounding and fitment was good. Only complaint was the style and the tip that stuck out, But if you are just using the Y and mid pipe then you are good to go.

The eBay special is total crapshoot as in "will I get actual mufflers or just unpacked giant steel cans? " Other than that not too bad.

Yea, my Pro Lab Tuning exhaust was just that, empty can's. I put the stock mufflers back on the 3" Y pipe.

In the Spring time I'll play around more.

Oh, also the passenger side can needed to have the rear support about 1" longer, it pulls the tip to the inside. I used a screw type hose clamp on the front outside rubber hanged to pull it back straight.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived