LegacyGT.com

legacy gt 2006 transmission noise

stefsankstt

Hi im new here, i was looking for advice on my transmission for my 06 legacy gt. I am getting a very weird play in my gears especially when my car is started in the morning. It also gives a noise comparable to that of when ur engine mount is damaged and there is a buck between gears. Did anyone ever experience this problem and could advise me accordingly.

Thanks

Ok, I assume you have a 5mt ?

When was the last ime the fluid was changed and what fluid is in the 5mt ?

Subaru Extra-S is the perferred gear oil. There is a cocktail of 3qt's Redline Lightweight Shockproof and .8qt Motul300 which seems to help a lot of gear issues.

We need more history onthe tranny.

Has it been out of the car ?

Is the gear shifter loose ?

OH, delete your other thread.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hey thanks so much for the advice so far really appreciated, its not mt its automatic tiptronic(im new to the car world excuse my lack of knowledge). I usually use normal subaru transmission oil. When i did my last oil change with filters the problem did go away for the while but it returned. I had the car 'scaned' and the mechcanic mentioned something about a neutral switch should i investigate that and have that changed? I humbly apoligise again for my lack of knowledge im learning.

No problem, we were all new to this once.

Next question where do you live ? may be we know a place to have the checked out.

Look through this forum for ClimberD@HEXMODS he's the 5eat expert.

I'm not up on those tranny's. Sounds like you need another fluid change and may be a adjustment.

I know of a old issue with that switch on early 5mt's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Unfortunately it looks like there could be a number of things causing the problem. If you could get the exact diagnostic trouble code number, that would be very helpful. I've attached one of the diagnostic trouble code pages from the factory service manual as an example, there are three more pages though.

lgt.jpg.a98779164f0b7785fab4d6e5f6227885.jpg

5EAT_DTC.thumb.jpg.903a93cadf4b85a46e51119fa33c3061.jpg

Archived