LegacyGT.com

Does this sound right?

spb

Hey guys,

My dad got into a fender bender. No fault of his. Someone backed up into him on a parking lot. Insurance of the offender said that they will make their estimate tomorrow. Meanwhile my dad went to a local body shop to get an estimate from them, just to have some number in his head before talking to insurance.. well the body shop kindly said that they will tell him how much it is once insurance estimates it.

I am no pro in this, but is that right?

What is the process here to make sure we are not screwed by insurance or body shop? Or both.

Thanks.

CT08Spec.B is an insurance agent PM him...I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

Make sure you tell him I sent you...he'll take real good care of you...really.

Yea. Jay may know how that works. There again every state may have a way law about that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'd bring it to another shop - there's no reason they shouldn't be able to give an estimate. (many insurance companies will take the estimates from body shops that are on their approved list, too...) It's all done based on book rates - they look at what needs replaced, and the system tells them how much it costs to do it.

Once they get started, the body shop will work with the insurance company if there are any other parts damaged, etc. - as long as it's a decent shop with a good reputation, you should be just fine. If it's a shady shop, well... go somewhere else!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived