LegacyGT.com

Alarm sensor f*up or BOTH transmitters dead/out of battery

All of a sudden, the keyless entry/alarm system does not work with both transmitters, like not responding to the lock/unlock buttons, but sometimes it works, we are not sure what is going on, whether

- the batteries in both transmitters are dying (the car is 2 months new, how is that possible? and we are talking about BOTH of them)

- the sensor for the alarm or keyless entry system or whatever u call it is dying/failing

- the transmitters themselves are dying

feedback would be appreciated :)

now i have to manually lock/unlock doors....so retro feel

i would bet the batteries in the remotes themselves. I know several people have had similar problems before and that was the cause.

Take it to the dealer, it should only take a few moments to take care of this, for free too. Otherwise just pop it open and try a new one. You'll know right away if that was the case.

I have had the same problem.

Except it only happens at my girlfriends house.

I am not sure if its her wireless internet or what, but I have to use the key or be sitting in the car to get the alarm to respond to remote input.

No idea, I changed batteries switched remotes, its definately something in the air...

Iggy

What frequency do the subie remotes use?

Typical cordless telephones and Wireless Ethernet use 2.4 GHz and 5.8GHz

Are there electrical transformers, or high-tension power lines in the area? Does the problem seem to go away at other locations? does it work one place, but not another? Then it would be interference.

The batteries are likely the culprit. The keyless entry fobs were probably assembled long before the car was built, let alone when it was sold to you. Those keyfobs could be the better part of a year old already, or possibly older. The batteries were probably purchased cheaply and in bulk even before that. Flat cells like those don't exactly have an extra-long shelf life anyway, even if they weren't put in the transmitters until the car was built, and they were coded to the car.

Check batteries first, try a couple other locations second, go to dealer third, and tell them about the specifics...

Many many things can be the cause. When I say that I mean interfierence from strong radio frequencys like in big cities or in places where the signal can't catch your code. (beaches, parking near skyscrapers, radio towers etc...) Suby uses a constant changing code for anti-theft purposes. it verrifys the chip in your remote, if it can't it ignores it. The interfierence is stoping them from communicating, which FCC laws says it ok to do. Try taking to the dealer and having them set it to a different bandwidth. if your anti dealer like me take it to a trusted alarm install place.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I have had the same problem.

Except it only happens at my girlfriends house.

I am not sure if its her wireless internet or what, but I have to use the key or be sitting in the car to get the alarm to respond to remote input.

No idea, I changed batteries switched remotes, its definately something in the air...

Iggy

Yeah, Drift Monkey said he has the same problem at your girlfriends' house. :lol::dm:

It's like that in all of Madison, WI. too. Other members have noticed it as well. It positively had me thinking something was very wrong last month when I was visiting friends. Who knows what it is, really.

went to dealers, they couldn't do anything cos it was working fine, the service rep told me, if it happens again, don't bother booking appointment, just swing by, i was like ( i didn't say to her) what am i gonna do if it works again? it happens so random we still dunno what is causing it. THe alarm is after market, the after market dude said its not their fault but rather the car's fault (keyless entry problem) god dammit i'm frustrated

this is where i get confused, the transmitter and the alarm is after market. but there's a security flash light in the dash as well, is the one in the dash stock? so am i having two? but it was working fine til this week and all of a sudden the transmitter just ran crazy, had to press alot of times before the sensor in the car responds

it wouldnt' be because i screwed up any electrical things while i changed the headlight bulb right?

According to Scooby Canada, the 2.5i doesn't come with the engine immobilizer, but it does have the keyless entry and alarm as stock items. Shock sensor is optional.

The security light on the dash is the stock alarm.

So this brings up the question, why did you have an aftermarket alarm installed?

the dealership did not have alarm installation so we had to pick the after market, the after market office is just beside the dealership. it seems that whenever the car is at an angle (like parked outside on the driveway), the transmitter/sensor will not work. Need to do more observation though....i know it sounds silly but that's what we can do now, to test out everything.

Remember i mentioned about getting bumped from behind? could it be related? like the sensor somehow got messed up? but the alarm was acting weird like a week after the bump.

sorry my digi cam's been lost for a while so no pix :)

but on the bright side, i can also confirm that its the frequency, because the remote is fine anywhere else. My neighthood uses wireless alot, there are alot of networks when i scan with my router.

thanks for all your help guys.

Archived